Velociraptor

Alan requested to see where the park keeps the velociraptors, much to Hammond's frustration but agreed anyway. There the male paleontologist stood outside the enclosure where three raptors were caged inside with security guards on the top for safety precautions. Malcolm, Laureen, and Ellie joined Grant as a giant crane carried a live black cow toward the enclosure.
"What are they doing?" asked Grant
Hammond followed their gaze and told them that the park was about to feed the raptors before telling the group about the lunch that was prepared by the chef. Of course, neither Grant or the others seem to care and walk toward the enclosure for a better look at the dinosaurs. Laureen hesitates whether or not to take pictures of the raptors but a silent gesture from Ian told her she didn't have to. Sadly, the raptors couldn't be seen due to the amount of trees and bushes hiding them from the public. The only signs shown were the sounds of the cow's cries and the rustling sound of raptors eating their meal and roars echoing through the enclosure. The group watched in horror and silence, Laureen especially until Malcolm's hand was placed on her shoulder to calm the photographer a bit.

"They should all be destroyed" a man spoke, walking toward the enclosure was the raptor hunter, Robert Muldoon. He was more of an alarmist but he knows more about raptors than anyone else in the park. Alan greets the hunter with a handshake before asking about their metabolism and growth rate.
Muldoon responds, "They're lethal at eight months, and I do mean lethal."
Laureen glanced at the hunter and asked, "More lethal than lions or other species?"
"Trust me, miss, I've hunted most things that can hunt you, but the way these things move"
"Fast for a biped? Cheetah speed?" asked Alan
"Fifty-Sixty miles per hour, if they ever get out in the open" said Muldoon, "and they're astonishing jumpers"
"That's why we're taking extreme precautions" said Hammond, trying to reassure the group that the park was perfectly safe. The hunter tells the male paleontologist that the raptors did show signs of intelligence, especially the big ones. The park bred eight of the raptors but when a new one arrived, she took over the pride and killed all but two. Muldoon says When that specific raptor looks at you, you can see she's working things out. Which explained why the electric fences surrounded the park since the new raptor attacked it when the feeders came. They never attack the same place twice though. According to Muldoon, the raptors were testing the fences' weakness systematically so they remember the possibility of escaping. The crane pulls out of the cage to reveal a shriveled crane with blood stains covering the blue cloth.
"Sure glad you didn't take pictures, Lauren?" asked Malcolm
Laureen was too stunted to speak as Hammond smiled like nothing happened before asking, "Who's hungry?"

Once everyone was gathered in the private dining area, the group sat quietly as their food was being served and Hammond was talking business with the lawyer. Hammond reminds Gennaro that the park wasn't built to cater for the super rich, but for everyone in the world to enjoy the animals. Malcolm shook his head silently in disappointment before he finally spoke up, "the lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here, um... stagers me"
Gennaro glared at the mathmetitan and said, "well, thank you, Dr. Malcolm, but I think things are a little bit different than you and I have feared"
"Yeah, I know. They're a lot worse"
Before the lawyer could continue, Hammond stops him so he would hear Malcolm's thoughts about the park. The mathematician sits up to face the old man with a serious look in his eye. "Don't you see the danger, uh, John, inherent in what you're doing here?" he asks, "Genetic power's the most awesome force the planet's ever scene, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun"
As Gennaro was about to speak, Laureen held her hand up to stop the lawyer, "Go ahead, Ian" she said, earning a smile from the mathematician before he continued.
"Um, I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here." he said to the old man, "uh, it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You know, you read what others had done, and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take responsibility... for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could, and before you even knew what you had, you-you had patented it, packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunch box. And now, you're selling it. You wanna sell it"

The photographer placed a comforting hand on Malcolm's shoulder to calm him down for a brief moment before things got out of hand. Hammond sighed, trying to reassure the mathematician that the scientists in Jurassic Park have done things that no one has ever done before.
"I'm sorry but I have to agree with Dr. Malcolm" said Laureen, "Yes, your scientists have done something no one else has done before, but those same scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should"
"Condors" said Hammond, "You've seen Condors haven't you, Ms. Adams? Condors are on the verge of extinction"
Laureen shook her head in disappointment, listening to the old man say that if he brought a flock of condors to the island, neither her or Malcolm would have anything to say.
"Now, hold on" she said, "This isn't some species that was obliterated by deforestation like gorillas or anything. Dinosaurs, they had their shot and nature selected them for extinction"
The old man shook his head in confusion, "I simply don't understand this Luddite attitude, especially from a scientist and a wildlife photographer." He said, "I mean, how can we stand in the light of discovery and not act?"
"Oh, what's so great about discovery?" asked Malcolm, "It's a violent, penetrative act that scars what it explores. What you call discovery, I call the rape of the natural world"

The mathematician gave Hammond an unapologetic grin before Ellie decided to speak, wondering how they could know about an extinct ecosystem; therefore how they ever assumed that they could control it. "You have plants in this building that are poisonous. You pick them because they look good. But these are aggressive living things that have no idea what century they're in, and they'll defend themselves, violently, if necessary."
Hammond turned his attention to Grant, hoping that the male paleontologist would defend him in any way shape or form. Grant sat silently, thinking to himself of what to say about the idea that a park full of dangerous dinosaurs would affect the public. "The world just changed so radically, and we're all running to catch up," said Grant, "I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but look. Dinosaurs and man, two species separated by 65 billion years of evolution, have just been suddenly thrown back into the mix together. How could we possibly have the slightest idea what to expect?"
Hammond chuckled in disbelief, seeing no one was on his side except for the blood sucking lawyer Gennaro. The head chef comes over to whisper into the old man's ear, much to his delight that the special guest has arrived just in time.