Escape to The Center

Once the t-rex disappeared, Laureen quickly steps out of the car to check on the kids. "Alan!" she called, "Are you and the kids okay?!"
"Laureen!" called Alan, "Go check on Ian! I got the kids!"
Before the photographer could check on Malcolm, she removed her camera from around her neck and tossed it down to the paleontologist, "Use the flash to scare off the dinosaurs if you run into them!" she yelled before heading off to find the mathematician.
Alan catches the camera with ease and calls for Tim to see if he is okay, Lex on the other hand was panicking after the horrifying events with the t-rex earlier. After hearing no response from the boy, Alan turned to Lex to say that he'll look after her as soon as he gets her brother down from the tree.
"He left us!" cried Lex, referring to Gennaro leaving the car because of the t-rex. Alan reassured the girl that he wasn't going to leave her or Timmy and told her to stay there with the camera before climbing up the trees to find the boy. Thankfully, Tim was very much alive but also terrified and nauseous from the sudden fall. As Alan reaches his hand, he accidently turns the wheel which makes the wheels move slightly until the boy finally climbs out of the car. As the two climb down the tree, the car suddenly starts to move which means the two have to climb down faster so they won't get hurt. Once the two made it to the ground, the car suddenly fell on top of them, but thankfully the hood was broken so they managed to survive.

Meanwhile, Laureen was searching for Malcolm when she spotted a familiar hand peeking from the leaves. She quickly removed it to reveal an unconscious Malcolm covered in dirt and blood. A sigh of relief escaped the photographer's lips until she noticed the large gash on the mathematician's leg. Malcolm's eyes open to see Laureen using her beige shirt to wrap around his injured leg and her hands reaching forward to his belt buckle. A smirk appeared on his face before looking up at her, "If wanna get with me, at least buy me dinner first~" he groaned
Laureen looked up at Malcolm with shock and continued to remove his belt to tie around his leg, causing him to hiss in pain.
"Alan managed to save the kids" said Laureen, "They just need to find another way back to the center. But right now, we need to get you out of here"
"Not gonna... not gonna follow him?" asked Malcolm
"He'll be fine on his own, Ian. It's not like I'm gonna-" Laureen paused and smirked at the mathematician, "You're jealous, aren't you? That's why you were flirting with Ellie earlier"
Malcolm showed a look of denial, slowly sitting up so he doesn't hurt himself "Don't be ridiculous." he said, "You-you must be imagining things"
He was thankful that it was dark out and he was covered in dirt so Laureen didn't see the blush tinted on his face.

Laureen giggled before hearing the sound of an engine nearby, "Stay here" she said standing up to see what's up ahead. It was Dr. Ellie Sattler, accompanied by Muldoon, in a jeep to help. The jeep stops and Ellie was the first to step out to hug Laureen, "Oh my god, you guys okay?" she asked
"I'm fine" said Laureen, "But Alan and the kids-"
"Oh my god, where are they?! ALAN!!"
The blonde woman starts looking around for any sign of the paleontologist or the kids. Muldoon checks up on the photographer to see if she was injured or harmed in any way. Laureen assured him that she was okay until she noticed Ellie seeing the aftermath of Gennaro. The sound of Ian's groans were heard once again before the trio gathered around him to see his condition.
"I used my shirt to cover his leg and his belt to apply pressure" Laureen explained, "But I'm afraid that's all I could do"
"You did the right thing, Ms. Adams" said Muldoon, reassuring that she did well.
The sound of a roar was heard from the distance, alarming the group that they should act quickly before it came back.

Laureen and Muldoon carefully bring Malcolm to the back of the jeep while Ellie checks around the enclosure for any sign of Alan or the kids. So far, the only thing she found were footprints that lead to the other side of the enclosure. But Muldoon tells her that it's too dangerous to go out at night, especially with a dinosaur on the loose. Laureen sits beside the injured Malcolm and removes the elastic in her hair to release her sudden curls due to the rain and humidity.
"Alan and the kids definitely owe you their lives" she said, "You're probably either the bravest and smartest man I've ever met, or the craziest and dumbest man alive"
"Just admit it, Laureen, you probably uh... would've done the same thing if you tried" said Ian
"That reminds me, why did you kiss me back in the car?"
"I don't know. Seemed like a pretty good idea at the time"

Malcolm closed his eyes for a brief moment until he and Laureen felt a sudden vibration. Their eyes shift downwards toward the puddle where ripples start to appear in the T-rex's footprint. "Anybody hear that?" asked Malcolm, "It's a um... it's an impact tremor is what it is. I'm fairly alarmed here"
Ellie and Muldoon return as they hear Malcolm tell them to come back and get out of the enclosure. Once they stepped inside the jeep, the T-rex made its return, chasing them down the wet road back to the visitor center. Malcolm glanced over at Muldoon, telling him to go faster as the dinosaur gets closer and closer to the vehicle. Ellie, Laureen, and Malcolm start to panic the closer the t-rex runs towards them faster. Malcolm pushed back, pushing the gear shift back which really pissed off Muldoon until Ellie shouts, "Look out!"
The group duck their heads with Malcolm covering Laureen as a tree knocks over the window of the jeep. The photographer noticed something hidden behind one of the boxes and grasped it to reveal a flare gun. Ellie screamed in horror before the photographer aimed and shot the dinosaur's eye, causing it to roar in pain and stop chasing them. This gave Muldoon enough time to fix the gear shift and drive further down the road to the visitors center. Once they lost sight of the t-rex, Malcolm takes a breather before asking, "Think they'll have that on the tour?"