⟸Five⟹

So if anyone's interested, I made a short playlist that kinda fits this story's vibe (if that makes sense) that you can listen to on Spotify. Curse Wattpad's inability to include links, but here it is if you wanna copy/paste!  (https://open.spotify.com/playlist/21WGlSDinJg5uDZEvHMHWz?si=7c8b84f9ed9846c1). No pressure, and if you think of a fitting song, lmk! 

It was the next day—Sunday—when Leo invited you to what he called the 'turtle lair'. Since the secret was out that they were ninja mutant turtles, he figured that meant you were allowed to visit their home. You had fun trying to explain that to Layla.

"You're going to their house?" Layla asked, leaning a little closer on her bed. You nodded as you put on your outfit for the day, studying how you looked in the mirror. You decided to wear something cute: a loose black scoop-neck shirt that showed a little cleavage, a purple mid thigh-length skirt, white knee-length socks, and black flats. You could see Layla staring at you in the mirror, her smile adoring.

"Leo thought we were close enough," you said, turning to inspect your reflection. It was entirely possible he assumed you were trustworthy because Donnie told you their secret, not realizing the secret came out because he wanted to prove you wrong. But regardless their trust was well-placed, and you weren't about to use it against them.

"It's too bad I can't come with." Layla's head drooped. You turned to her with a small smile.

"I'll see if I can convince them to invite you next time," you offered kindly. Her brown eyes lit up.

"Really? You're the best, Captain!" She got up to hug you, and you laughed as you hugged her back. She gave great hugs, and you could feel the love she poured into each one. She was a total sweetheart.

"Alright, I gotta get going. I'll see you later." You made sure you had your wallet, keys, and phone, then headed out the door with a wave.

"See ya!" she called back happily as the door swung shut.

You headed out of the dormitory and down the street, looking for the shop Leo said to meet him at: Bro's Pizza. If you remembered correctly, it was the result of 4 brothers' individual pizza shops mysteriously disappearing that brought them together to make pizza again under one roof. Heartwarming story, if odd.

You spotted the pizza place up ahead with a blue hooded figure in front of it, and when they looked up, you spotted Leo's blue-masked face. You waved and jogged over to him, and he returned your smile with his own charming one.

"Hey (Y/n), you ready to see where the magic happens?" He wiggled his eyebrows and you laughed.

"You mean where you learned your ninjutsu? Sure." You winked flirtatiously, and he laughed as he lightly set his hand on your back to guide you to his home. You two talked the whole way there, joking and laughing like old friends. The two of you got along like peanut butter and jelly despite how little time you'd known each other. But you supposed that just showed how similarly awesome you two were.

"Do you trust me?" Leo suddenly asked, and you tilted your head. The two of you were in an alley away from prying eyes.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" You were literally following him to his house right now, was that not proof enough?

"Good." He smiled as he held out his hand to you. You took it gently, raising a flirty eyebrow. "Follow me." He grabbed the edge of a manhole cover and slid it aside, then gestured for you to descend. You stared at him for a long moment. He couldn't be serious...

When he continued to wait, you sighed and started climbing down into the sewer. He followed after you, sliding the cover back into place. You'd heard those things weren't light so at least you were glad he was being gentlemanly about it...even though he was leading you into raw sewage.