⬿Eleven⤳

"Quiet phone!" A loud whisper pulled you from your dreams, and you sleepily opened one eye to see an orange phone right next to you. It made a click sound like it took a picture, and the person in front of you froze. You blinked. You saw one black eye peek around the phone case, and an awkward smile covered their face. "Oh, hi (Y/n)."

"Mikey?" you mumbled, using one hand to rub at your eyes.

"How did you sleep?" he asked kindly, definitely not in an attempt to calm any anger you might be experiencing. But you were still half-asleep, so you yawned and nodded.

"Donnie has a very comfy bed," you said, smiling up at him. His eyes locked onto something behind you, and his expression dropped to pure fear.

"I'll leave you two alone!" And then he was gone—like a bat out of hell. Donnie's hands around you got a little tighter, and you gasped as you looked back at him. His expression was pure fury.

"Mikey!" he shouted, and you moved to cover your ears. He unwound his arms from around you so he could prop himself up, and his expression was almost sweet as he said, "Oh dearest, would you mind moving so I can chase down my soon-to-be dead brother?" You gestured for him to climb over you—you were rather comfy in bed. He blushed but did his best to shimmy over you, but he basically rubbed himself against you the whole way—a fact he was acutely aware of.

Once out the other side, he took off chasing after Mikey. You yawned and closed your eyes as you heard a loud crash and yelling. Somehow that seemed right at home in the turtle's lair, so you didn't bother trying to wake up any further.

You awoke again to see Donnie fully clothed—as much as he felt the need to, being a turtle mutant and all—and mumbling angrily to himself as he finished drawing eyebrows on his purple mask. You yawned and smiled over at him, something that gained his attention instantly. You looked adorable in his clothes, but that combined with you being in his bed with that adorable sleepy smile on your face? Heaven. "Hey, uh, darl, I just needed to, um- how did you sleep?"

You didn't seem to mind that trainwreck of a sentence because you carefully lifted the blanket off of you to sit up and stretch. "Pretty good. You're surprisingly comfy considering the whole shell situation." You tried to make your smile teasing, but you were too tired to pull it off. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well my shell is soft so-" He cut himself off as you walked forward, running your hands across his plastron. You frowned as you tilted your head tiredly. 

"No, that's pretty hard, darling."

"No, I meant the carapace." You blinked. "My back?" You made an 'O' face and started to walk around him, but he turned to face you.

"Take off your fake shell, I wanna see it."

"No." He crossed his arms, cold steel in his black eyes. You rubbed at your eyes and tilted your head, your messy hair blocking your vision.

"Why?"

"Because it's- well it's personal!" he huffed.

"How in the world is your shell personal?"

"My battleshell never comes off."

"Why?"

"So I don't get hurt." He scratched his wrist and avoided eye contact. "I'm...my shell isn't as strong as my brothers'."

"Ok. That's not your fault."

"I'm not saying- ugh." He threw his hands up and you just tilted your head, still not seeing the big issue. Your tired brain couldn't comprehend his logic. 

"Do you think I'm gonna make fun of you or something?" You continued to walk around him, but he still kept facing you. "I hardly think showing your shell is more immodest than how I've already seen you."