CHAP 1 - Region 76

"The map and regions were covered in mountains of blood, from humans and monsters."

The dispatcher in the group, Romeo, was actively coming back again and again to get the slightest information on how these white bricks could turn people into those.. monsters. 

"Romeo!" Called his teammate on the map with him,

 "You're gonna get left behind!" His co-worked yelled.

"I'm coming!"

 Romeo felt he was.. not the only one in the base. He scurried around all the broken bats, chains, branches, katanas, knives, tommy guns, and spears. Yet there were somethingsthat.. Romeo wasn't even sure what they were.

"These people really were trying their best to survive." He said to one of his co-workers with him.

"Yeah." His colleague picked a bottle up. 

"What even is this? A left over alcohol bottle?" 

Romeo stared at the weird bottle. It did look like a alcohol bottle. His colleague had picked some disgusting things up that day. A dead rat, a bacon mop looking thingy with flies all over it, even plenty of skulls carved with smiles for mouths. Romeo still thinks that there was a parasite that carved their skull so their mouth would carve into a smile forever. The research team also found out water can remove the effect of the infection. It makes sense why so many people drowned in the floods now to Romeo. Guess they thought rushing water still gave the same effect as calm water. 

His colleague backed up to Romeo. His co-worker was pointing at something, another blood covered bat? He thought. Nope. A survivor. An alive person who was infected with flesh eating bugs. Romeo instant thought was to help this person. They looked so horrible it was unintelligible what sex they were. Romeo started to pick up his radio shaking. He could barely turn on the radio he was so weak. 

"Romeo reporting, there is a survivor in region 76. Paramedics needed now." 

He called his teammates to start up the helicopter to head back to HQ. He pulled out his medic bag in case of emergencies, filled up to the brim with insanely accurate things needed to help this person. He began to help this person with an oxygen mask, and beginning to remove the bugs off of them. He picked them up to head towards the helicopter so he could have workspace somewhere. He had to shave the hair since lord knows how much lice was in there. 

"Are you okay?" Romeo asked the person.

A males voice replied back.

"I feel terrible, but I know I feel slightly better than before." The man said.

"That's better than nothing." Romeo said.

Romeo's teammates started up the helicopter to head back to HQ. Romeo was still helping this poor man. When he finally was finished helping this man, he started to write in his journal.