7: Magical rally

✯ ✯ ✯

I woke up to the sound of school's alarm buzzing. Josephine jumped out of her bed and rushed to the bathroom to get ready, leaving me groggily pulling myself out of my bed and trying to remember where I was and what had happened yesterday. Oh, my magic was awaken. As I recalled the yesterday's seance I had to smile at the fact that I have my mom's magical heritage.

It was all emotional and I had to call my grandma later in the night. I had woken her up for sure but she was genuinely glad that I had let her know and reached out to her. We had been calling many minutes catching up. When I had noticed grandma had fallen asleep during our conversation, I gently ended the call. She will definitely write me a message today.

I rubbed my eyes and took my cellphone from nightstand. I opened the text messages and found just few texts from Patrick, from when he was looking for me yesterday, just before we reunited. I briefly read it and had to put hand under my chin otherwise I would definitely asleep again.

HEY, ELVI, LITTLE BIRDS TOLD ME THAT YOU ARE ATTENDING ARCANUM MANOR. ARE YOU UP FOR A CALL?

HEY, ELVIRA! I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU. ARE YOU AT ANY INTERESTING PLACES TODAY? MAYBE SOMEWHERE MAGICAL?

HI, ELVI! JUST CURIOUS, ARE YOU NEAR BY THE DINING ROOM? ASKING FOR A FRIEND.

I had to exhale with a grin on my face. He had remained as genuinely pure as ever.

"We have to hurry if we want to have time for breakfast and make it to our first class," Josephine called out to me over the running sound of her electric toothbrush.

"Oh nooo," I moaned as I quickly put on my uniform. Josephine's cat sensed my distress and made it her mission to leave as much fur as possible on my leg. "Shhh, don't!" I pleaded with the mischievous feline. Fluffy little devil.

"Meowww," the cat grumbled, as if asserting her right to shed wherever she pleased, before sauntering off to her bowl, hoping for a meal.

"I'm right there, honey!" Josephine shouted from the bathroom, assuring her cats that food would be soon in their bowls.

I finished getting dressed, carefully putting on my jewelry, and then opened a small drawer to retrieve the special stone I had found in my grandmother's house almost two days before. I held it tightly in my hand, deciding it would be my talisman from now on, a symbol my new magical journey... Maybe it will catch some magic from me with time. Or not.

Josephine rushed out of the bathroom, her hair perfectly managed in ponytail and her uniform being neat as new. She flashed me a bright smile and went take care of her hungry cats.

"You're as fast as lightning," I commented her neat appearance. "I think I will need to waking up earlier, I am not any fast train."

Josephine stood up straight, seemingly proud of her speedy morning routine. "Thanks. My parents were strict in this even we all live on the campus," she replied, a touch of satisfaction in her voice. "Today was already third ringing that woke us up. I don't know why but I slept too well, I couldn't wake up hearing it."

"Oh, I didn't hear any before," I blurted out and imagined what if we would asleep fully.

"It was a lot of going on yesterday and I believe everyone is exhausted. Maybe nobody would be angry if we wouldn't wake up today–" Josephine went to her bed and and in a playful manner, started to laying down again.

I saw her bright eyes and laughed through my teeth, "Don't... don't lay back in your bed. Jo–"

"I would rather go to sleep again," she exhaled laughing while gathering up again. "I am too sleepy."