Ch.17: Normal is stupid

"Please, I only need fifteen minutes."

"Jennie, I can't-"

"Lisa isn't going to stop anytime soon, Jihyo. I know her very well," Jennie pointed to the girl wrapped up in her own body, leaning back in one of the corners of the room.

"I-" Jihyo opened her mouth to speak, but stopped in mid-act as Lisa's shrill scream echoed through the room.

"Please," Jennie said in a mix of desperation and pleading.

"Be patient and try to keep your voice as calm as possible," Jihyo warned after a long breath. Jennie nodded, making mention of turning away, however, she felt Jihyo's arms wrap around her in a hug. Without saying a word, the girl backed out of the room, leaving a confused and suspicious Jennie behind her.

"Hey," Jennie murmured, sitting down unsteadily next to the pale-skinned girl.

In less than a second, Lisa cringed and pushed the minor's body aside, quickly looking at her face and trying to close her eyes when she saw who it was.

Once she had gathered her courage, Jennie dropped to her knees in front of the eldest and wrapped her arms around her body, preventing her from being aggressive. Lisa stirred even more, trying to resist her grip, however, something stronger inside of her made her relax little by little.

"I'm here," the brown-eyed one said in a whisper, gently pulling Lisa's hands so they rested on her waist, "I'm here, babe, it's all good. No one's going to hurt you."

The teary hazel eyes scanned their surroundings, apparently searching for any threat. A sigh escaped her lips as Jennie left her lap and sat down next to her, leaning her back against the wall.

"Do you want to tell me why you did that?" Jennie began, keeping her voice as soft as possible. Lisa's ears thanked her.

Her gaze fell to the ground and she remained silent.

"You can't do that every time you don't get what you want, Lis. It's not good."

Jennie's words made Lisa look up, shaking her head frantically, "N-don't fight."

"I'm not fighting with you," Jennie rested her head on the older one's stiff shoulder, "I just want you to understand that you don't need to do all that. Yell, hurt, push...be aggressive. You can really hurt yourself, babe. Or even hurt others, even unintentionally."

"Unintentionally" Lisa frowned, hugging her knees against her body.

"Let's do this," Jennie licked her lips, placing a hand on the older's knee and stroking gently, "The next time you're feeling stressed...or start to feel like yelling, hurting, and pushing... "

"Be aggressive." Lisa remembered.

"Yeah, and being aggressive," Jennie chuckled weakly, wiping Lisa's tear-dampened cheeks with her thumb, "When you feel like doing that, tell someone."

"B-but it's fast! L-Lisa can't."

"Have you tried it yet?" Jennie asked. Lisa just shrugged, shaking her head.

Silently, she snuggled up next to Jennie's body and wrapped her arms around the Korean's waist, pulling her closer, so that their bodies were practically stuck together.

"Do you promise to try?" Jennie held up her little finger.

Lisa placed a kiss on Jennie's lips after intertwining their fingers and then nodded, "I promise."

"You love to kiss me, huh?" Jennie provoked.

Lisa shook her head frantically, "You have the best kiss ever!"