Ch.24: Sad and Sore

And when Lisa woke up, she no longer felt the warmth of Jennie's body.

"Nini?" She called out still in a daze as she rubbed her eyes. An irritated growl escaped her mouth as she realized she was alone. "MOM, IS THERE SOMEONE IMPORTANT AT HOME?!"

It only took a few seconds for the door to open. Then Anne was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Tae is still here," The woman smiled weakly as she tried in vain to fix her daughter's hair.

"Lisa said someone important... b-but I think Tae will do."

Anne laughed. Lisa raised her eyebrows, not understanding what she had said so funny.

"Jennie told me you hurt your hands..."

"It was the ground that hurt, not Lisa." She said quickly and got up from the bed, running into the living room, "Bye, Mom."

Halfway, she collided with a body times larger than her own. Instead of falling, a pair of arms tightened around her body, suspending her in the air.

"I've got you!" Lisa gave a lively squeal, and then her baby giggle echoed through the room. Reckless hands grabbed the boy's shirt, afraid of falling. "Stop grabbing me, tigrito!" Lisa braced her legs on her brother's torso and showed her 'claws', closing her eyes and showing his teeth, "Wow, a brave little tiger with buck teeth!"

"Silly," Lisa muttered.

"I missed you." Taehyung sighed and pulled the younger girl against him, gently holding her body. Lisa smirked and rested her head on the boy's shoulder.

"I need help," Lisa forced her body to put her feet on the ground, "A surprise..."

"Surprise for whom?"

"Princess Lisa," She bobbed her head, trying to escape the sudden wave of shyness that had hit her.

"Okay..." Taehyung chuckled weakly, "What do you want to do? Do you want me to be your girlfriend?"

Lisa had bright red cheeks and her gaze locked on her restless hands, seeming to be in an internal debate about what to answer.

"Lisa thinks... I-I think Nini is already her girlfriend, but she doesn't know it yet."

Taehyung smirked, ruffling Lisa's hair, "I hope you never change, Tiger."

"Change?"

The older one shook his head, "But then, does Jennie like music?"

"Like!" She smiled broadly, "Me too..."

"Okay, I have an idea," Taehyung sighed as he got up, "Wait for me at the table."

***

Taehyung laughed when he felt the younger girl's fingers shrink involuntarily in her hands on the piano keys again.

"Shall we finish later?" Lisa shook her head, even though she was dying of sleep, "Tiger, you're almost asleep..."

Lisa opened her mouth to reply, however, a yawn prevented her from continuing.

"W-later..." She muttered.

"You won't be able to concentrate that way and it won't look good."

Lisa sighed, rubbing her eyes, too sleepy to think of a coherent response.

"Save," she whispered, closing her eyes momentarily.

"Alright." Taehyung chuckled and got up, taking his sister into his arms.

"You can't take...Lisa on your lap." She muttered to herself, her voice coming out muddled and so low that Taehyung had to bring the girl's face closer to her ear to hear clearly. "It's a baby thing and... and Lisa is already big."