The Group Hang

"Crush culture makes me wanna spill my guts." – Crush Culture by Conan Grey

┈ ✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁ ┈

Almost a week has passed since that day in the courtyard. George and Lee watched as Fred now returned to the Gryffindor common room where the two of them were already settled; George spread out on the loveseat covered in textbooks, Lee on the floor at his feet with the same homework laid out on the rug.

Fred shrugged off his coat and plopped into the opposite armchair with a relieved sigh. George looked up.

"So?" He asked his twin. "How'd it go?"

"Yeah, the big date," Lee added curiously.

Fred nodded. "It was good. It was really good."

George smiled. "That's great. Did you kiss her?"

Fred's eyes widened like saucers. "What?"

"The goodnight kiss," Lee said, looking outside. "You went on a walk, right? The moon's out. Did you kiss her?"

Fred visibly swallowed, shaking his head. "No, of course not."

"What do you mean, of course not?" George closed the textbook in his lap.

"I'm not gonna kiss her on the first date!" Fred defended. "That's just... that's too soon. It's not polite."

"Polite?" Lee laughed. "Fred, she's super into you. It's been obvious since you asked her out."

Fred's cheeks were pink as he looked away.

"Yeah," George agreed. "You shoulda kissed her."

"No, no," Fred disagreed. "I'll... I'll do it later. The time wasn't right."

"It was a moonlit walk."

"It wouldn't have been right!" Fred said. "I'm gonna kiss her. I'm gonna. Just... not now. When I know it's right."

George scoffed. "If you didn't kiss her tonight, you can't tell when it is right. You don't have the training."

Fred rolled his eyes, standing up again. "Whatever. I'm going to bed."

"Shoulda kissed her," Lee said as he walked away. Fred flipped them both off.

After he had climbed the steps to the boys' dorm, Lee looked up at George, resting his arm on the couch with an amused grin. George noticed it.

"What?" He asked.

"The training?" He repeated the redhead's words. "What are you on about?"

George's mouth twitched and he looked back down at his textbook, shrugging. "Just saying. He clearly doesn't know how to tell."

"How to tell what?"

"When the time is right." George flipped through the pages.

Lee scoffed, crossing his arms. "And you do? Don't tell me you're a professional at kiss-timing."

"You're the one who always gives me shit about all my girlfriends." George looks back at him now, smirking. "You can't blame me for having the skills."

"Oh, dear god," Lee rolled his eyes. "I shouldn't have asked."

"All I'm saying is," George said, having fun now, "there's always a right time, and if you're skilled enough, you can see it."

"What do you mean?" Lee asked. He was reluctant to admit that he was a little curious, as someone far less experienced.