Chapter 31

TW: PTSD, brief mentions of suicide

A week later

"Harry, can you get up for me please?" Louis asks, rubbing his husband's back softly. 

Harry groans a little and buries deeper into the covers. 

"Haz," Louis sighs. "Please."

"Okay," Harry mumbles, voice heavy with sleep. 

"You're awake now?" Louis asks. 

"Yeah."

"Good." Louis's been trying to wake Harry up for ten minutes, and this is the first time he's gotten a verbal response. 

"I have to go to therapy now," Louis explains, "so you need to get up and watch the girls."

"Okay," Harry says again, blinking his eyes open slowly. 

"I'm sorry, baby," Louis says, kissing his hair. "I know you're tired."

"It's fine."

"Alright." Louis runs his fingers through Harry's curls once more before standing up. "I'm going to go get ready and then I'll leave."

Harry just nods in response, staring blankly out the window. Louis sighs, feeling guilty for waking him. He knows how exhausted Harry's been lately because of the new baby, but he does have to leave in a few minutes, so he didn't have a choice. 

Once he gets dressed, does his hair, and brushes his teeth, Louis comes back into the bedroom to find Harry exactly where he left him: staring out the window with an emotionless look on his face. 

"Harry," Louis says softly. 

Harry startles and turns to look at him. 

"I'm leaving now," Louis says. "Darcy's downstairs watching telly and Morgan's asleep in the nursery. You have to get out of bed now."

"Yeah," Harry sighs, shoving the duvet off his body and slowly standing up. 

Louis walks over to him, pulling him into a hug that Harry positively melts into. 

"I love you, Haz."

"Love you more."

"Impossible."

--------------

"So, Louis," Taylor says. "A lot has happened since I saw you last. Congratulations on your baby!"

"Thank you," Louis smiles. 

"What did you end up naming her?"

"Morgan Li Tomlinson," Louis tells her. 

Taylor smiles warmly. "That's a beautiful name."

"Harry chose it."

Taylor nods. "How's Harry doing?"

Louis frowns slightly. "Okay, I guess? He's still really sore from delivering Morgan; she was a big baby. And he's been really tired, but that's understandable because she keeps us up all night. His hormones are still all over the place as well, so he's crying a lot. But he says he's happy. We finally have our baby."

Taylor nods. "I'm so happy for you. And yeah, it's going to be hard for a while, but it'll get better. The first few weeks are always the hardest."

"Yeah, I'd expect as much," Louis sighs. 

"Alright, as much as I'd love to keep talking about Harry and your girls, I think it's more important that we get into your mental health instead," Taylor says. "I mean, that's why we're here."