Prologue

It's been over two years since the end of the war against the Purge. The Resistance has helped to build back the broken world and to assist those affected by the war. Now that that's finally done, the world is at peace.

The Resistance has since disbanded and its soldiers have started new lives for themselves. 

Harry and Louis Tomlinson, the two best fighters in the Resistance, live in a small town just outside of London. They have a big, beautiful house, where they're raising their two year old daughter, Darcy Lou Tomlinson. Harry works at a drop-in daycare service at their local gym and Louis works for a record label office. 

Their friends, Niall and Ella Horan, got married just a few months after the Tomlinsons did. They just recently had a son, Seamus Cillian Horan. The Horans live just five minutes away from the Tomlinsons and they get together often. Niall works as the owner of a country club, where he spends all his time supervising the golf course. Ella used to work in a salon until she got pregnant and made the decision to be a stay at home mum.

Zayn Malik lives alone in a small house just ten minutes from the Tomlinsons in the other direction. He works as a OBGYN at the hospital nearby. Harry and Louis have him over constantly, not wanting him to be alone for too long. Zayn doesn't admit it, but he truly appreciates how open his friends are with him since he lost the only man he's ever truly loved to the war. He goes to visit the place where Liam is buried at least once every two weeks, just to remember him and honor his memory.

Their lives are good. Great even. So it's only natural that something is bound to go wrong soon.