Chapter 22 Alternate Ending

"Scuse me,sir"

  "Im busy."

"It.........its really important,sir."

    Alois glanced up, then back at the towering stacks of paperwork. What could be more important than studying the movement of the enemy and their allies.

     "What?"

"Well, this morning Lady Anne never showed herself."

       "What is the point that your trying to make?"

"The body guard also did not show up for breakfast."

       "They could be together, out riding horses or practicing combatives."

"Sir, we checked everywhere and there is no sign of the dog, the guard, or your daughter."

         "Hmmmm, I think I understand what your trying to say. Its the typical case when dealing with rebellious youth. You are dismissed."

 The maid servant shuffled our the war room. She thinks otherwise, but will dare not question her orders. Sir Alois is not the many to question and he will turn Germany upside down if something goes astray. The entire staff knew to respect this man even if they did not agree with his words. Each individual valued the lives of their family and friends. 

    Once the maid left, Alois hesitated before returning to his work. His thoughts plagued him and would not cease till he gave them a time of day. I have given Anne everything she has ever wanted. I brought the boy and the other guy she desired. I  allowed her brother to leave with Sadiv, their wretched mother. She complies with everything and is the perfect warrior. Natural instinct, trilingual, and street smart. She is loyal and dedicated; she would never leave nor forsake me.  

Alois also noticed the lack in his household; Anne disappeared about a seven days ago, but the father refused to acknowledge the truth until this day. Alois called for his man servant in order to make preparations. This will have to be dealt with immediately, Alois thought to himself.

"Men, soldiers, warriors. Im absolutely positive that your have heard the rumours and probably spread them yourselves. No, I did not hurt my daughter in any way, shape, form, or idea. She decided on her own free will to go and study abroad. Fully aware that leaving her dear old father is like acupuncture needles to the heart.  I love my family and I want you to know that if you have any questions about the information that I said feel free to ask questions, do not withhold. As you all know whatever you need shall be provided for. Dismissed.”

   Alois was very pleased with himself, not many men know how to give proper speeches anymore. Alois looked into the eyes of the General, Ilona, and Raj. All three stared back, grave and lifeless. Alois refused to let them sour his good mood, but he also knew that they were aware of the truth and the truth needed to die. Ilona was old, Raj was young and naive and the General..... it would be a pity to see such a well disciplined soldier go to waste, but thankfully Alois had no emotions such as pity or guilt. They were obstacles that would accept money to keep silent. 

    “Alois, we need to talk, time..now.”

 “Oh is that a fact, General.”

Alois did an about face and greeted his friend with a  cheeky smile.

 “Come along Alois, dont dawdle.”

“Do not even attempt to talk serious with me and do not tell me what to do, I outrank you.”

         “You dont but Im not going to argue with you,....its childish and is what I expect of some but not you.

  Both men casually walked toward the garden. No attention needed to be drawn because both men knew what would happen if news got out about the tunnels. Military strategy is all that Hitler wanted and these tunnels vould give him world domination. Both were also unaware of the shadows that staulked them.