1- Chapter

13th Century

Pandharpur, Maharashtra

The wedding is still 3 months away, our girl needs jewelry, we need a great jeweler in this town, find out if there is any such person.' Harinath, a great businessman in that town said to his younger brother. 'Brother, there is only one great person in this village, his name is 'Narahari'. "Then,
let's go and meet once," said the businessman.

Harinath went to Narahari's house. Narahari invited him. "Tell me what you want"asked Narahari". "My daughter's wedding in 3 months. I need jewelry for that." Said Harinath "Ok, I will complete the work within a 25 days"replied Narahari "Happy, we're going" said Harinath.

As told, Narahari completed the work in 25 days. The jewelery made is very beautiful. Harinath was very happy at that.

,Another day, a merchant named Govinda Dasa came for Narahari. But the house is locked. He asked the neighbour about him. The neighbour replied  "Today is Monday, Narahari  will be in Pooja in the Mallikarjuna temple. After that Pooja you can meet him."
After the puja, Govinda Dasa met him. Narahari  asked "what is the matter?." Then he said," I have some important work and I need your help". Then Narahari said, "Krishnashtami is coming in another week. A fair is held here for this whole week. I am a devotee of Lord Shiva and I do not worship any other god but Lord Shiva. I do not want to stay here. Therefore, I am going to my native place, Devagiri."Govinda said, "Ok , then I will come back after one week.

Devagiri

A horse carriage stopped in front of a large building. Narahari got down from that cart. That house is the house of Narahari's father Dinanath. He opened the big doors and entered Dinanath' s house.

Feet should be washed before entering the house. There was a basin in which there was water for washing, Narahari went there  then a girl came and gave him a mug.
That girl is very beautiful. But Narahari washed his feet without saying anything and went into the house. Narahari's mother asked, "How are you there?? You come home once a year. If you come, you will go back within a week. Don't forget that there is a family waiting for you here". Nothing like that mom!! Mom,Who gave me water to wash my feet there?