6 - Chapter

Narhari stipulated that he must enter the temple while wearing blinders because he is only interested in seeing Lord Shiva. Govinda agreed to the stipulation.

Narhari went blindfolded to the shrine the following day. When his neighbor Bhatia saw this, he believed Narhari had become insane.

With the assistance of Govinda, Narhari arrived at the temple and entered the temple.

When Narahari touched Vithoba's image, he experienced the impression that it had ten limbs and five heads. The representation has matted hair on its head and serpent-inspired neck decorations. His body was covered with ash, and he donned clothing made of tiger and elephant skin. He recognized the imagery of his patron deity Shiva. In order to see him, Narahari took off the blindfold.

He did, however, see Vithoba in his conventional form, a two-armed, arms-akimbo god dressed in silk and gold. He re-blinded himself in shock and touched the image. Again, he had the impression that he was holding a statue of Shiva rather than Vithoba. Shiva and Vithoba (Vishnu), he realized, were one and the same. The blindfold is taken off, and he hugs Vithoba's feet. He performs a panegyric in Vithoba's honor, comparing him to both Vishnu and Shiva.

Narhari accepts Vitthal's ordination. The abrupt attitude shift in Narhari left everyone in Pandharpur in disbelief. Narhari acknowledged his error. Therefore, Narhari's singing in devotion was praised by all.

Parents of Narhari have received this information in the interim. They experienced great joy at their son's realization. His teacher, Ganga, and his parents all visited him at one point.

Narhari extended a special invitation to them. "Narhari, I taught you everything I know, but I couldn't teach you Advaitha. But today the god himself taught you the fact that Shiva and Vishnu are the same," Gaibinath, Narhari's Guru, stated to Narhari.