aarushi's diary

hey diary.

you must be shocked to see me, right? i am writing here after years . my last entry was around eight years ago. in this huff and puff of life, and new people, i just forgot that i have a forever-mine diary, whom i have just ignored, well, not ignored...but forgot about, completely! I always used to write because I felt like someone is listening to me..or i am finally listening to myself.

you know, varun is gone. he left me, and went to new york. unbelievable, right? it must be so much shocking for you because you have known so much about my teenage days with varun! i used to write every detail over here. can you believe it? we're no longer together. considering the poems i've written in the pages behind, it feels a little weird to say that something so beautiful, so much out of a dream, has ended. it has been around four months now, he is gone. can you imagine, i survived four months, FOUR. FREAKING. MONTHS. without him. i think i deserve a medal for it.

i wrote a poem for him, today, after so many years. and just like old times, i would write it here. cause you know, you are my all time escape.

YOU ARE THE ONE.

I sent a big 'i love you'
And i know you must've heard
I know you somehow love me too
Although you spoke no word

Moving on is really tough
Is it the same, also for you?
I know you've set really well
But do you still shed tears a few?

Tears on my pillow
Say a different story of hate,
I wish it was love
Rather than tears in my fate

Eyes are in pain
Heart is in burn
Still it says
You are the one
You...are the one.

~aarushi nandi