Forging Strength

I followed Caspian through the castle, always trailing two feet behind him, pondering about his words. Everything was still so new to me, and I couldn't believe what was happening. Not to mention, I had the unfortunate fate of encountering the worst version of the king, far from kind and gentle like the discription of Lucy but this man was stressed and filled with rage. However, I understood that these circumstances must have changed him. He felt powerless, knowing he couldn't defeat the evil on his own. Lost in thought, my gaze fixed upon the floor, a frown etched upon my face. Without realizing we had already left the inner castle and now stood in the middle of the courtyard.

Suddenly, Caspian came to a sudden stop, causing me to stumble over my own feet and crashing into his back. Anger spread across his face as he turned to me and asked, "Have you ever ridden a horse?" I I shook my head in response, awaiting his next words. He let out a heavy sigh and gestured for me to follow him into the grand stable. Stepping through the doorway, the overpowering scent of horses and hay immediately tickled my nose, causing me to frown. I could hear him chuckle softly as he led me through the corridors."From your Expression I am guessing not."

Finally, he stopped in front of one of the stalls. Within it stood a magnificent black horse, surrounded by hay and grass. The animal snorted slightly upon catching sight of the king. Slowly, Caspian opened the door, leaving me alone in the hallway as he entered the stall. "Hello, my Beautiful Destrier." he whispered, leaving a trail of goosebumps on my arms. "Come." he spoke softly to me, extending his hand in my direction. Uncertainly, I accepted his invitation and grasped his hand. It was both rough and strong, leaving inappropriate thoughts in my mind.

Leading me to the horse's side, he maintained his grip on my hand as he gently urged me forward. Now with my back facing him, he guided my hand to the animal and encouraged me to pet it. My heart raced, consumed by thoughts of Caspian behind me as his free Hand rested on my hips. I felt his steady breath against my neck, his chest rising and falling in complete calmness. How could he remain so composed? Meanwhile, I feared my heart would burst from my chest, and I was certain he knew it, even enyoing my state.

My breath hitched, catching in my chest, as we stood there in the evening's coolness. We weren't just standing; it felt like time had frozen, leaving us in a moment of anticipation. Silence hung heavy in the air."Caspian I-",I wanted to begin.

Suddenly, a loud noise shattered the stillness, causing me to jump back, nearly knocking Caspian over in the process once again. My heart raced, and my eyes widened as a dwarf burst into the scene, clad in a knight's uniform and wearing a deeply worried expression. "My King," he began, gasping for breath, completely oblivious to the Tension in the room.

In an instant, Caspian's body language changed, leaving behind the gentleness he had shown moments ago. He stood tall and resolute, embodying his regal self. "They are spreading," the dwarf continued urgently, beckoning us to follow him out of the stables and back into the castle.

A mix of curiosity and uneasyness welled up within me, and I hesitated for a moment, contemplating whether I should go back to the safety of my room. However, before I could even voice my doubts, Caspian looked at me with determination and said, "No, stay with me." Little did he know the results those words had on me, resonating in a completely different context. Nevertheless, I shook my head, knowing that I had to maintain my focus if I ever wanted to find my way back home.

As I followed the two men through the labyrinthine corridors, we arrived at a new room nestled in the west wing of the castle. The windows opened up to the sight of the forest, which seemed to transform into a river of impenetrable darkness as dusk settled upon the land. Stepping into the room, I quickly realized that we were not alone.

The men from the throne room, normally animated and spirited, now stood in a circle around a round table, where a map lay unraveled. The atmosphere crackled with tension, and their fervent discussions came to an abrupt halt as we entered. They bowed briefly to the King, their eyes filled with wariness when turning their gaze towards me.

Caspian approached the bald man who stood at the head of the table, his eyes fixated on the map. "What happened, Lord Drinian?" the King inquired, his voice betraying a mix of concern and determination.

"One of our scouts spotted a mad one near the Archenlands." Lord Drinian responded, his voice laced with worry. He slowely took a drop of red dye from a Little case and put it on the map,not far away from what I could see were Narnias borders.The pieces of the puzzle slowly started to come together for everyone except me, leaving me in the dark. Unable to contain my curiosity any longer, I joined the King and the others at the table.

Spread out before us was a large, intricately drawn map of Narnia. Not only were large Areas painted red, but there were also red spots scattered across the expanse, mostly concentrated in what was known as "The Wild North." However, the one fresh dot stood out ominously close to the castle's southern border, just above a banner proclaiming "Archenland." The sight sent shivers down my spine, telling me that this wouldn't be like the farytale  Lucy discribed but more like the nightmare shw wrote about.