A fiery Encounter with madness

The stinging stench of coal and smoke invaded my nostrils, assaulting my senses as I forcefully pried my eyes open, squinting against the harsh, blinding light. But then, a jolt surged through my musceles, electrifying every nerve in my body. The cabin was burning! Panic seized me, and in a frightend state, I desperately attempted to wake Caspian from his deep sleep, but he remained motionless, oblivious to the danger. A scream escaped my throat as he layed there, unresponsive.

Realizing I had no time to waste, my instincts kicked in, and I tryed saving him by any means necessary. Summoning every ounce of strength, I struggled to lift the sleeping king. When my efforts failed, I tried to find a different approach, grasping his leg tightly. With a surge of determination, I hauled him off the now blazing bed, the flames hungrily devouring the covers the dark smoke filling the room and the ceiling already turned to coal.

The house filled with smoke, transforming the corridor into a labyrinth of death. Gasping for air, my lungs strained and screamed for the little oxygen that remained. Through the chaos and Screaming of distant voices, I fought against exhaustion, dragging Caspian's unconscious body across the floor. Each inch felt like an eternity as I navigated the smoke-choked passageway, our lives hanging by a thread.

Finally, I stumbled out of the infernal cabin, gasping for deap breaths of fresh air. But we wern't save yet. Determined not to die in this shithow, I dragged the still unconcious man toward the nearby water source, ensuring he could breathe as I noticed his clothes cought flame as I ran for our lives. Urgently, I Splashed water over him,until he was soaking but not a glimmer in sight anymore.

Fueled by an red rage and determination, I seized the knife I was able to take from the flames, searching for the cause of this nightmare.

And there he stood before me. A tall centaure,his dark hair hanging in threads in Patches as if he had ripped them out,scrawny as if he hadn't eaten for days and his bloodshot eyes dialated with foam crawling out of the Corner of his mouth.Helooked like a dog with rabies. This was his fault. I knew it.

Without hesitation, I jumped toward him, channeling all my fury into stabs with my knife. In a split second,he jumped to the side,making me stumble past him.He turned around,trying to swing his fist towards me,as I ducked.

With lightning-fast reflexes, I fought, my focus fixed solely on my enemy. Ignoring everything but my target, I plunged my knife deep into the centaur's flank,blood dripping down his thights. His horrific scream slit through the air, his attempts to strike me failed. Undeterred, I collected every ounce of strength within me, raising my blade high, ready to strike again. But he was faster, escaping into the dense forest, vanishing into the darkness.

As the echoes of the centaur's howls faded, a groan and a fit of coughing brought my attention back to reality. Wet and bewildered, Caspian slowly regained consciousness. A surge of relief washed over me, and I rushed to his side, hugging him tightly. He responded, holding me close as he took in the devastation around us. All that remained of the once cozy cabin was a mere pile of coal and ash. A whimper escaped his throat as I Held him to tight and I loosened my grip,tears of joy escaping my eyes.

However, the moment was short-lived, as Caspian winced in pain, revealing a searing burn on his leg. "We have to patch you up." I said, gently guiding him toward the nearby pub, our sanctuary in this nightmarish ordeal.

Gently, I positioned him on a stool amidst a chorus of coughing people as a figure approached us. "King, what happened?" Hood asked, his eyes scanning the pain etched on the king's face. With a sigh, I responded, "A fire cought us off guard,It was a centaur.He looked like a wild beast ,his mouth foaming and his hair only hanging in threads. I managed to land a blow on his flank, but he escaped me, vanishing into the forest.I'm sorry,I couldn't stop him"Ashamed I looked away.I had the perfect Chance to capture the beast but he escaped me.Suddenly Caspians Hand reached my face,as he lifted it up making me look into his eyes"You did what you could. You did your best. I have to thank you for saving my life."

"Where his eyes dialated?" Hood's concern grew more pronounced. I nodded, observing the silent exchange between Caspian and Hood. "This is bad" Caspian said. "He was not only mad but the curse must have progressed and they are slowely reaching the south. They have never came this far before. We must continue our journey.I have a change of plans.I will call the army Right away so they can follow us and we are Ready to strike." Attempting to stand up, his legs trembled, and I hastily grabbed his arm, steadying him. He turned towards the scared People in the room, his emporer voice returning: "Dear Narnians, the mad ones are Closing in. Seek refuge wherever you can."

A man in the corner erupted, I notice it was the same scary man from before, his voice cutting through the air, "This was our refuge! Where can we find safety anymore?" The crowd joined in on his screams. Pain clouded Caspian's face, though he concealed it, transforming into the resolute leader I had met just days before. "I understand your fear after this incident. Yet, we cannot allow the fear to reign over our beloved Narnia. Our land has weathered countless trials, and we have always emerged triumphant." he declared. Another woman's voice pierced the room, "Yes, but then we had four kings and queens. Now, we are left with one king barely grown and a girl merely a descendant." Angrylie I bit my tounge. Caspian concluded, "We will exhaust every resource available to us." With those final words, he limped out of the chamber, and Hood and I trailed behind.The las tthing I could hear the woman mutter was :"If Aslan was here we would be safe."

To our shock added another obstacle as we noticed that the black horse I rhode just Hours before must have fled as the fire started. Only Caspian's horse remained, and panic widened his eyes while the spot where my horse once stood held only a fragment of the lead. I sighed heavily, the weight of our misfortune pressing upon me. "I apologize for all this. I may not be able to offer much assistance, but I have a friend a mere ten miles from here. He can provide you with clothing. Take this blanket to Keep you warm. It is your only chance at Survival in this narnian weather. I shall tend to the people here and I will send for your army. May Aslan guide your path." Hood conveyed before leaving us with a pice of paper and a written name in solitude. I exhaled, my fingertips rubbing against the chill in the air. "Good,I know him.",Caspian murmered more to himself."I'm sorry?"I asked."The friend of  Hood ,I know him.He was On Board the "Dawen Treader".We can trust him."I only nodded when I noticed he was still in his nightgowns,drenched and black from the fire. I wrapped the balnket around hbi8m, an quickly rushed to was once that cabin. Undertneathe the ash I notice exactly what I was looking for. I .liftet my fathers sword and the leather holster and brought it back to Caspian.

"Alright, you must undress." I stated, my gaze fixed on the still-drenched Caspian. His eyes widened in disbelief. "Excuse me?" he sputtered. "If you wish to evade  a cold, you need to get rid of your wt clothes. We need to ride together. The warmth of my body will Keep you alive, and you can wrap yourself in the blanket." And so, we found ourselves once again mounted on the horse, our bodies in close proximity. I could feel the steady rhythm of his heart, yet his pain was evident, as he winced with every movement of the horse.I tried to Forget that he was basically naked underneathe the blanked but my attemps failed.