10. Very Personal Conversations

Bradley's POV:
She wasn't lying when she said her ass looked good in those jeans. I mean, her ass looks good in anything, but today she looked...especially attractive? I'm not sure. She looked exactly how she always looks, just something about her was different. She said she was ovulating this week, maybe that's it. Or maybe I'm the problem. Yeah, it's definitely me.

My thoughts are interrupted when I get a FaceTime call from Maverick. What the hell? I answer the call and the screen opens up to him and Admiral Kasansky staring straight into my soul.

"H-hello?" I answer.

"Bradshaw! It's good to see you, kid!" Kasansky greets.

"Don't be nice!" Mav swats his arm.

"What did I do?" I ask defensively.

"Tell us about this date guy." He demands. Geez okay.

"Jacob?" I guess she didn't tell him what the guy's name was.

"Jaaaacob." They scowl in unison. I swear these men are actual children.

"Tell us more." Iceman says.

"We need the 401K." Mav nods. What?

"You mean the 411?" Iceman asks. Ice and I both look at him oddly.

"Yeah, that."

"Geez, you're a fucking idiot." I mumble lowly, sitting down on a barstool in the kitchen.

"Woooooah!" Iceman raises and eyebrow and looks between us. Well, between the phone and Maverick.

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Mav asks. Bad joke.

"I dunno if you remember, but she's dead, Mav. But if you wanna keep talking, I can go kiss your daught-"

"You better shut the fuck up right now!" He didn't like that joke at all.

"Okay, you two cut it out! That's an order from the admiral by the way." Ice intervenes. "So Jacob?" He continues with the conversation we were previously having.

"What do you wanna know?" I ask. I don't want to reveal that he's a freshman. She said he was in one of her classes, and Maverick can't know that I set them up.

"Do you know this guy?" Mav asks. He's onto me.

"Not that well. I've met him like once or twice." I nonchalantly say. You're doing great. It's gonna be fine.

"Is he nice? Like is he a good guy?" Maverick pushes for more information.

"Yeah, he's okay." I don't really think before I speak, and it shows. This is good, I can't be overly enthusiastic.

"Just okay?"

"He seems nice. I don't know what else you want me to say." I admit. I'm clueless. Just act clueless.

"What are his intentions?" Ice asks sternly. My eyebrows furrow with confusion.

"I don't...know?" What am I supposed to say to that?

"Personally, I'm more worried about Shelby's intentions." Mav interjects.

"She is a bit of a heartbreaker." Iceman agrees with Maverick. That doesn't happen often.

"It's just one date." I defend her.

"Yeah that's why I'm worried. What was her deal with the just one date thing? Does she not like him? Why is she going out with him if she doesn't like him?" He keeps trying to get information out of me.