Chapter Four

Dimitri leaned against his Ranger rover hands in pockets his Intense dark eyes met mine .
Suddenly feeling nervous I looked down and stood inside what to do .
"Sarah" his thick accent pulled my eyes back to him I swallowed gripping the staps on my bag .
"Was something wrong with the gilt ?" I questioned .
"No it was exceptional thank you. Let me take you back to your home , my men brought you here I will take you back." He said opening the passenger door.
I hesitated I really shouldn't get in his car but I also couldn't help myself and I don't know why .
I took a deep breath to relax my nerves as he walked around to get into the driver side . Dimitri . He got in and glanced at me before putting the car in shift and driving away .
"I'm sorry for the trouble that was caused and what issues it arose in you . You did me a favor and for that I offer you my protection , whatever it is your afraid of you don't have to worry anymore." He spoke calmly having no idea how haywire my nerves were going at his words . I raised my eyebrow what does he know ...
"I've watched you since my artifact was first brought to the store I see you when my men come around when I do." He stated
"You've been watching me." I stated realizing that he had , that meant I was getting sloppy if I didn't suspect I was being watched or followed and that scared me .
"I hope you weren't leaving on my account , Mr ozera is fond of you-." We turned down my street and he stopped in the middle of the street way since there was no where to park .
"How did you know I was leaving ?" I questioned Interrupting whatever it is he was going to say. Dimitri simply stared at me dark eyes peering into mine , I take it not many people interrupted him .
"I'll see you around ms Marshall, enjoy the rest of your day ." He dismissed . I narrowed my eyes taking in his handsome face one more time before leaving his car and heading inside the building .

Opening the door to my apartment I went in and turned the light on dropping into the grungy green couch . Today was so weird I should be halfway to Canada by now yet here I was still in my apartment.
Running my hands over my face I glanced around my small sitting area and my eyes landed on a big box sitting on my tiny table .
Getting up I walked over and looked at it , how ?

"I hope you not leaving on my account.."

Turning I spotted my duffle bag still waiting by the door where I left it before Ian came to collect me . He was here , inside my apartment .
Shaking my head I faced the box ounce again opening it . I gasped my hands going to my mouth.

It was THE tea set the one I had broke when the intruders attacked me last night . No it wasn't the same this piece was more elegant the drawings more detailed and this had all the tea cups plates and cream jug and the sugar bowl . It was all In almost perfect condition. I was almost too afraid to touch it scared I accidentally would shatter it .
He was definitely watching me he had to have been to know how much I admired the set that perished and how upset I was to be the one to break it .
I smiled slightly this was a very generous thing to do for some one who Carried themselves as a dangerous not to be touched man .
Admiring the set for a few more minutes before grabbing my duffle bag and throwing it onto my bed .
Leave . Leave . Leave .
A voice in the back of my head repeated .

⚜️⚜️
Despite the voice in my head telling me to run before it's to late I found myself working with Mr ozera the next morning . He was more then happy to see me walk in ready to work . He didn't say much which I was thankful for , I needed to get my thoughts in order .
It was a quiet day at the antique shop until the door binged alerting us of a customer .
"Mr. Ozera I am not happy !!" A shril voice rang out through the whole shop . I groaned of course ms radely, that woman was never happy . I gave her wry smile and went to the back avoiding her angry words . Before I rounded the corner into the back I caught a glance at mr ozera and laughed he was staring at my retreating with a small frown . Nope not my problem .
Laughing to myself I went and sat at the workstation and started working on a small antique clock .
I had lost track of time until someone cleared their throat behind me , I spun around .
"Ms Sarah it is time to close shop" my ozera said .

Walking back to the apartment hands in my pockets I thought of Dimitri and his accent . I still couldn't believe he had broke into my apartment and left that tea set .
Two blocks out from my neighborhood I heard gunshots ringing out in the cold night . I'm this part of the city it's almost a normal thing to hear gunshots . These shots were close , ducking behind some cars I became alert taking in my surroundings. Slowly and stealthily I creeped to my building, more shots went off the sounds of tires screeching rang in my ears as the car drew closer and the shots grew nearer .
The entrance to my building was in eyeshot now once inside I'd have a better chance of getting away from whatever was going on .
Ducking behind another car creeping so close to the entrance it was finally close enough to reach's readying myself I pushed off of the car and was about to enter the stair way the door flew open and 3 men barged out we all stopped and stared for a millisecond bit expecting one another to be here . One of the men pointed his gun at my head .
"T man she lives here she ain't part of this." One of the three men said . I would've looked but my eyes were on the gun in front of me .
"Doesn't matter she seen us" . The one named t said, finger squeezing the trigger .
Quickly without thinking just acting on reflex since he was in arm's length. I knocked his arm to the side with speed he's wasn't ready for and punched him in the throat. A moment later I felt a stinging pain on the side of my head and my world went dark .