Chapter Eleven

Ian had brought me back to the penthouse apologizing for not getting to me In time I could only stay silent thinking back into the alley with Xanders dead body laying in his own blood .
Ian stayed with me making sure I was okay not even the slightest bit affected by killing someone not even an hour ago .
Dimitri had texted me that he'd see me later and that's all I had heard from him . I could imagine because of this incident what ever freedom I gained would be taken back . Some part of me was angry that Dimitri wasn't here all he'd given me was a text. What should I expect from a Mafia Boss . As if reading my mind Ian spoke up,
"He's taking care of Santos and his pathetic excuse of an organization after tonight there will be no threat against you." I couldn't help but shudder at the thought that Dozens of people would be dead tonight at the hands of Dimitri because of me .
I couldn't put into words the feelings I had for that dangerous cold man but I knew they were strong and I wanted him badly. I just didn't want all that he came with I got away from it all how could I end up here again . Could there possibly be someway we could be together but me not being in the mafia world . I sighed and let Ian know I was going to bed he hesitated but agreed as he stayed in the living area on his phone. I was thankful for Ian at least he was here and showed up when I needed him, he seemed genuine but didn't ever talk much .

The next morning I woke up and was slightly disappointed Dimitri wasn't here but shrugged it off. Yawning as I got out of bed I winced at the pain on my jaw and rubbed it lightly .
After a quick shower I put some work out gear after yesterday I definitely needed to condition myself again . Leaving my room I walked into the living room expecting to find Ian instead Dimitri was draped across the couch eyes closed his chest rising in falling evenly as he slept . Thinking back to the alley with Xander I was still in disbelief that all this could've been taken from me I don't think Dimitri would take kindly to knowing Sarah doesn't exist he'd take it as a betrayal I know I would. I felt guilt at the relief I felt that Xander was dead and so was the revelation of my true identity .
I walked to where Dimitri was and touched his arm shaking it slightly to wake him, he didn't even budge .
"Dimitri" I said shaking him a little harder this time his eyes finally shot open and he focus on me his eyes darkened when he saw me .
"I'm gonna head to the gym" I said biting my lip looking down at him, was there ever a time when this man didn't look good ? His hair was tousled but it gave off sexy bed head even with his clothes rumpled against his body he looked ravishing, noticing I was staring I blushed.
Dimitri pulled me on him then winced when I collided with his chest I pulled away legs on either side of his holding me up as I straddled him . Lifting his shift to check he had ditched the bandages and his stitches had opened and a new array of bruises by his rib cage colored his skin .
"You really shouldn't have" I said putting his shirt down and getting off of him .
"You are mine nobody touches what's mine and lives ." He replied laying back in the couch .
Sighing I grabbed the gym bag I had set down by the kitchen bar "I'm going to the gym you rest"
"Ian will take you" he said as I started to walk away I spun around quickly and met his gaze his expression stern.
"Look you've sent the message loud and clear not to mess with me last night I'm sure all of New York and surrounding cities know that . I'll be fine okay I need this." I said firmly meeting his eyes .
He didn't reply he just closes his eyes so I took that as my que and left . The gym was too far to walk to so Marcus had come to get me anyway.

I had chosen a small gym that looked like it's been open for many years somewhere most people would over look . Marci said he'd stick around near by but wouldn't come in with me I was thankful .
"You must be Sarah" an old man said he looked to be in his late 60s maybe .
Nodding I shook his extended hand, I watched as he took in my bruised jaw and his eyes hardened .
"That's why you want to train" he didn't ask for more like he stated .
When I didn't reply he beckoned me to follow him .
Two hours later after an intense work out Tito had put me through i was breathing heavily and sat on a weight bench catching my breath.
"You did good i barely needed to work with you on anything." Tito said almost proudly . As he walked back to his office . 

After my work out session at Tito's gym I went home to change Dimitri was long gone. Calling Mr ozera I made plans to go to work today I wanted to get my hands on that music box again .
Once I got to the shop Mr ozera was delighted to see me he now had an excuse to leave early and go check on Mrs Ozera .
Gliding over to the shelf that held the antique box I winded it and closed my eyes at it's beautiful melody .
When the song ended I went back to the front counter and saw a new paper Mr ozera had been reading, with nothing else to do I started reading it . One head line caught my attention about multiple murders from last night in suspected gang war . Throwing the news paper down I sighed heavily . The day at the shop was unusually slow we didn't have not one customer and no items to restore or clean . When 5 o'clock came around I called Mr. ozera to ask if it would be okay to close a couple hours early he agreed and invited me over to his place for a family party . After some coaxing I finally have in and said I'd go Mr. Ozera didn't live far from the shop so I didn't need to call for a ride I didn't want to disturb Marcus anymore . Picking up some wine and scotch I called a cab and headed to Mr. Ozeras party .

Mr Ozeras blue house was littered with people in his yard everyone seemed to be having a good time. Walking up the drive there was a canopy with tables and chairs set up and a grill off to the side smoking my mouth watered at the aroma the meat was giving off . When Mr. o spotted me his eyes Kirk up and he rushed over face full of happiness I couldn't t help the smile and laugh I let out at him .
"Sarah!" He exclaimed embracing me in a hug and taking the gifts right after his face delighted at receiving the scotch he opened it on the spot and drank.
"Ivan! I said no more drinking !" A voice rang out and Mrs. I hurried over scowling at Mr O and then turned to me with a bright smile.
"Sarah darling it's been to long. Im so glad you could make it!" She said her small fragile arms wrapped around me . You could tell the sickness had taking a toll on her her once thick gray hair had thinned tremendously and she's lost some weight but she still had such warm eyes and a beautiful smile .
"I've missed you too Evie" and I did these two helped me more then they'll ever know .
"Come inside and make you a plate! Your so thin sweetie got to get some meat on them bones" she joked leading me inside their small cozy home .

🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻
A/N

This was a bit of a fille chapter but next one will def be a good one !!