REDAMANCY

NO

NO. I

IF YOU'VE made it this far your probably confused on to how I made it out of my near death experience that happened to me, and your probably wondering how I'm talking to you and even breathing.

And honestly, me too, "I-" I'm cut off by a familiar voice yelling out "Nova!" an ecstatic Miles appears at my window with a happy look as he begins to speak. "Wanna go for a swing or you know a fly in your case?" I laugh dryly. "Yeah, yeah! Of course".

"Hey Miles guess what?" I ask excitedly. "Yeah?" "Look at what I got from Peter's aunt" I pull out a suit designed in an emerald green color with black stripes going down the sides except with no spider logo, a matching mask to go with it with white eyes just like Gwen's and Miles.

"Woah! Did you design this?" "Sure did, well, as in I gave her the idea and she brought it to life". "Ohh I see, it's still sick though I like it, it suits you and your powers!"

Ever since the incident that happened a little over a year ago it's brought us closer together, even closer than before which I didn't even know was possible.

Miles has always been such a light, a light that's guided me out of the darkness before it can consume me, but I'm afraid over time, I might dull that light, and we both get consumed by it.

I begin the conversation again, "I figured that you needed help out patrolling the streets and the neighborhood". Miles is hesitant at the idea, but I cut him off before he can speak again.

"And yes, yes I know that it sounds a little ridiculous dressing up in a suit looking like a "spider woman" even though that's not who I am, I'm the one with the green wiggly woos but I can still help you! Just let me-"

I'm cut off as Miles starts to speak again. "No..no Nova that's not what I'm talking about." A confused expression forms on my face as I continue to talk to him.

"Wait then what's the problem?" "Nova I don't want to see you hurt again, because if something happens to you I feel like that's on me. I'm not just going to sit there and let you die in front of me again I won't do it!"

A melancholy feeling poors over the situation, I stare at him as I feel my eyebrows lower and come closer together, and my lips form downward. Ever since that day he doesn't like to see me alone, or sad, and he's constantly texting me. It's sweet, truly, but he's gotta let me go, it's just hard to tell him that in a stern way.

I'm at a loss for words as I see the worried expression on his face. "Miles" I grab his hands and sit him on my bed as he faces my way. "I know what your trying to do, and what your feeling.