Power Trip

She got me up all night (Yeah)
All I'm singin' is love songs
She got me up all night (Yeah)
Constant drinkin' and love songs
She got me up all night (Yeah)
Down and out with these love songs
She got me open all night (Uh-huh)
Got me open all night, hey

Jordan P.

I walked into the doors of my condo complex as I arrived home from another long and tiresome workout. I was currently in my off season but I still was sure to complete my workouts and practicing after having a troublesome end to the 22-23 season. I stood in front of the elevator as the door slid open; stepping inside, I pressed the number '4' , leaning against the wall with my eyes closed as the doors begin to close, but a hand slid in stopping the doors from closing completely. I opened my eyes as I heard shuffling of a person, my eyes were met with a beautiful brown skin girl struggling with what seems to be grocery bags.

"You need some help?" I asked looking over at her as she dropped the bags to the floor out of snuggle.

"Oh that would be amazing; I really should invest in a wagon or something to carry my groceries." She let out a breathless chuckle.

"Which floor?" I asked her.

"Uhh 4 please." She responded rummaging through her purse.

"Oh nice, I live on 4 too." I said pressing '4' again.

"Oh you're heaven sent I swear, I'm Y/N btw." She said smiling at me. I swear her smile was almost as breath-taking as her features. She was quite literally one of the most beautiful girls I've ever laid my eyes on.

"Nice to meet you Y/N, I'm Jordan." I said returning the smile to her.

The elevator dinged indicating that we've made it to our designated floor. I threw my backpack on both my shoulders and grabbed half of the bags she had.

"Which unit is yours miss Y/N?" I asked as we both stepped off the elevator.

"Unit 416." She replied as we took a right around the hall.

"That's crazzy, I'm unit 420, I've never seen or cross paths with you and we're literally on the same side of the hall." I chuckled.

"I don't totally believe in fate, but God works in mysterious ways huh?" She questions while unlocking the door to her place. I followed her into her foyer, not wanting to just walk into her space without consent.

"Actually do you mind walking them to the kitchen for me please?" She asked.

I simply nodded following behind her to her kitchen area. I looked around black and nude decor with pieces of gold touches. She had a really nice clean place. It wasn't what I typically seen in a woman's home and trust me I would know being that I've seen my fare share of women's homes.

"Thank you sooo much Jordan really! How can I repay you honestly?" She said as we walked toward her door.

"Well... I'd be a fool not to mention that you're absolutely stunning to the eyes, so could I possibly take you on a date as a form of repayment?" I asked stepping out of the door turning back towards her standing in the doorframe.

She looked down, letting out a small chuckle. Putting a piece of her curls behind her ear she smiled at me "Let me think on that and get back to you Mr. Jordan. You have a great rest of your day." She said before gently closing the door.

I let out a sigh and chuckle at the same time... playing hard to get... I respect it. By no means am I cocky, but I'm a pretty confident man and this is probably the first time I've gotten rejected by a girl. Being in the profession I'm in I'm used to women throwing themselves at me or accepting my offer for a date, but Miss Y/N I can tell is different.