Chapter I : Introduction

Elise POV

Do you realize how demanding this year will be? I mean, I'm a graduating student and will begin senior year within a few months.

Can you even imagine that?

Nevertheless, the first day of classes is today. Because I was running late, I didn't glance at the calendar. I asked my father to drive me to school, but he slept in and at this point I'm rushing late.

We rode quickly. Fortunately, there was no traffic on the roadway to the school, so I was able to catch up and HOO! Right on schedule!

They were about to begin. I rushed inside and sat down.

My teacher grinned at me before beginning.

"Good afternoon! New students of 10-Sodalite, I am Mrs. Delly Rodriguez and I will be your advisor for the entire school year. I know you're in a state of adjustment and It's been 2 years since the pandemic. I request everyone to introduce themselves one by one." She looked around and thought where she'll start and I'm nervous but then suddenly..

I took a big breath and got to my feet as she said,

"You at the back, who came in late. Please introduce yourself, dear." Fuck! I mentally cursed.

Mrs. Delly continued, "Name, age, interests, and personal motto."

"Elise Diaz, 16, who plays the guitar and sings, says, "Hello everyone! The best way to predict your future is to create it." They gave a handclap, and I hurriedly sat down, attempting to keep my emotions under control and calm down.

How embarrassing, I tell you.

Now it was my fellow student's chance to say hello.

She has a Disney Princess-like voice as she says, "I'm Dani Williams, 17, I love reading, and my philosophy in life is "Don't settle for mediocre." Hazelnut eyes and ginger hair resemble those of a Korean woman. She gives off the impression of being at ease.

While the other person rose up, she sat down. Her opportunity to introduce herself had come.

I've noticed that the most of the girls in my class weren't particularly tall; I'm 5'6 and don't believe any of them were around my height.

She spoke with assurance, her voice was not too loud but it sounded strong, "I am Elle Campbell, 16 years old, I love literature and makeup, and my motto in life is 'Let your confidence shine." Her long jet-black hair, light-brown eyes, and 'powerful and expensive' attitude give her away.

The conversation continues until we have all introduced ourselves.

But when I saw someone entering, I assumed it might be a student or acquaintance of my classmates.

She said, "Good afternoon Ma'am! I'm terribly sorry I'm late." Her voice was sweet and a little deep but very girly.