Chapter IX : Storyline

3:30 - English

We were instructed to write a poem, with the best poetry win the right to recite it. The poem's theme had to do with love.

I have a lot of poetry and songs that I've composed in an a notebook.

I was scrolling through the pages looking for a poem that fit the idea, and..

Aha! I got it.

The poem's title was "Admiring Art."

I went to Mrs. Garnet and presented the poem I had produced to her.

She was reading it and smiling.

"I felt at peace when Mrs. Garnet reassured me with her words and how her voice sounded, so sweet and delicate. "Wow, I never thought that you would make this kind of poem," she commended, which made me pleased because, I don't know, I adore being praised by Mrs. Garnet.

"All right, thanks for pausing. Elise, deliver your poem," she said. I stood in front of my students and grinned briefly before beginning.

"I always dream about you.

I don't even own you nor your heart or what your mind holds.

Like an expanding galaxy, trying to find but instead, lost in awe.

Like how I admire you and look at you from such distance." I spit out those word with full emotions and admiration. I looked at them and grin because they were so focused.

I tried my best to sound dreamy and not cringe.

"We may had a connection but as friends in need, not like admirers that hold such mutual

feelings that synchronize in a beat.

You attract and they caught beauty." I looked at her.

"One glance at me, I found myself in distress and excitement.

How I wished you were mine, but I knew from the beginning. I was not the one you desire but someone whose arms you could fit in when you cuddle." For this particular sentence, I made an effort to sound bittersweet. She was utterly focused, and I could see that she was looking at me.

"I always dreamed of your lips." I then accidentally looked at her lips.

Get a hold of yourself, Elise! I mentally said.

I took a deep breath as I still continue.

"If they could fit in mine.

I would give everything up just to kiss you for the first time,