Chapter XIII : Dream

5:10 - Science

In our first semester, I finished seventh out of 37 students, and my mother was president of all the parents.

Actually, I made a joke. When Mrs. Rodriguez opened the election, other parents attempted to avoid her attention and declined to offer to be the president; instead, she chose my mother. I warned her that if she sits here where I always sit, she will become the president and it has a curse.

My mother was undoubtedly in disbelief and I laughed a little too hard at her. Many parents also choose not to attend the parent meeting.

During that time, I became friends with everyone in our class, including some boys but not all of them.

I was friends with Dani, MJ, Keana, and Ash the most.

Joining their circle is incredibly chaotic and never tiresome.

They had MJ as their leader, Dani as the group's mother, Keana as the younger sister that annoys you at any opportunity, and Ash as the brains and the stern talker.

While they are reminded of their the schedule, I am just standing there laughing.

I was one of 37 students on the honor list, which somewhat surprised my parents. I placed seventh, which isn't bad considering that I wasn't really performing to my full potential.

Mally and Jennie aren't on the list, but I looked at their grades and noticed that several of the teachers gave them unjustified low marks. They complied and completed all of their assignments, with no missing work or duties.

Mally saw her math grade, but they were still in shock of it. She sobbing.

I don't know if she's a perfectionist or whether she simply didn't anticipate getting that type of grade.

She was giggling and making fun of the fact that she only got an ordinary grade, but a short while later, she started to cry. I felt awful for her, and I even gave her a hug to comfort her if it would be of any use.

On the other side, Cheska was astonished to not be on the honor roll. Mrs. Naya neglected to give her the grades, and when Mrs. Rodriguez arrived to compute her grades, the grade that was missing prevented her from being placed on the honor list.

She ran away and cried.

A few of my classmates broke down and Dani did too.

But I didn't since I wasn't expecting such high marks and believed that if I just obeyed the rules and did all I was supposed to, I would receive average marks.