Bonus Chapter (First Place Prime awards (Paranormal) Celebration)

Ikshan

The end music of the movie resonates in the living room before Elise switches off the TV.

"He wondered all his life what she was thinking about in the picture," I say, with a shaky voice, while taking a handful of my popcorn.

"And she actually was thinking about him," Elise replies, equally emotional.

I hand her the treats. "It's so romantic."

"I know," she says while putting a hand on my arm.

Aidan enters the apartment at this exact moment and looks at our wet eyes, our smiles, the popcorn, and the remote control on the coffee table in front of us, with a questioning gaze.

He doesn't have the time to formulate his interrogation before Elise stands up and hugs him fiercely. I smile at Aidan's loving look and mock dismayed expression.

"You watched The Terminator again, right?" asks Aidan in a half-accusatory, half-amused voice.

"It's a great movie," I say supportively. "Funny story, I was actually supposed to be at the premiere but I had some sort of magical emergency at the library and I had to come back to Budapest. I can't remember what it was. Was it the orb incident?" I frown, hesitating. "Oh no, it was the mirror disaster. Very unfortunate. I had received this enchanted looking-glass which made disappear all the objects it reflected."

"Oh my. How did you deal with it?" Elise asks, still in Aidan's arms.

"Well, you know, I remembered I had read about it in an ancient diary and there were also instructions to turn the mirror harmless. Long story short, I didn't manage to recover the objects, including a pair of my favorite shoes - don't ask -, but I stopped the process."

Aidan and Elise laugh. "Well done," Elise says.

"Anyway, love The Terminator."

Aidan kisses Elise's hair and smiles. "I must say I understand the appeal." He pauses. "In a way, we also found each other across time, my love."

"Awww, Aidan," Elise says.

The vampire takes off his jacket and stands straight and tall as if to prepare for a speech. He extends his hand toward Elise and says playfully, but with just enough conviction. "Come with me if you want to live."

Elise gasps, takes his hand, and pulls him close to kiss him.

After a while, she turns to me: "I love him so much."

"He's indeed a keeper."

"Thank you," says Aidan with a satisfied smile while Elise leans into him. "Where is Zoé?" He then asks.

"She left. We were already so excited during the opening credits that she stormed out of the apartment." I laugh. "Her exact words were: Hell, no."

"Our dramatic humming of the soundtrack may have been a step too far," Elise says with an apologetic smile.