𝙿𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝟸𝟷

During the period not long after the archon war had ended, the name Makino Y/n was feared on the battle field. She was an extremely talented warrior at the young age of nineteen who fought for her archon.

Though her lifestyle was frown upon, for during that time a woman wielding a sword was completely unheard of, the h/c haired girl gained the smallest recognition from the higher ups, and none at all from the electro archon herself.

She came from a poor family, who could barely scrape by, having to worry about if their meals will last another week. A family who at first encouraged her was against her becoming a samurai. Nothing good ever came even after she had achieved great feats, all because she was a woman.

She'd barely get any pay from fighting in battles, though she was still grateful to get any at all. Her two older sisters did nothing to provide for the family, her mother was crippled and her father had died in war.

"Useless brat, why is it that you've entered my house with such little amounts of money?!" The mother of the household yelled at the young h/c haired female, those eyes filled with hatred showed no love in the face of her wounded daughter who had just returned from battle.

Y/n's two older sisters came by, laughing and chatting to each other though quickly stopped once they spotted the small pouch of mora their younger sister was carrying.

"Seriously? That's barely anything, What happened to those empty promises of yours?" The eldest sister stared down at Y/n.

"Honestly, you should just quit fighting. It makes you look manly, no guy would want to marry you with your battered skin, covered in scars and blisters." The second spoke with genuine concern. "If you want to live a good life, just get married off to a rich noble, no need for all of this."

"I doubt anyone would want to marry her now, I mean she's a soldier for god's sake." The first sister snickered. "Now be a good sister and give her the money you've made." She focused her attention on Y/n.

This was the family Y/n came home to everyday, who always had something to complain about. As much as she didn't want to hand over her hard earned money, she had no other choice. She had made a promise to her dying father.

"Y/n, promise me you will take care of your sisters, as well as your mother."

They all stood around Y/n's dying father, and he only made her promise something. The nine year old girl at that time.

Y/n hated her father for asking that of her, she hated herself more for agreeing. But what could she do? Her father was on his last breath. Sometimes she wondered if he made that decision because he realised only she was capable of taking care of the family once he was gone.

And turns out, he was right.

Y/n had left her melancholy household to get some fresh air, even if she was covered in wounds wandering around on an empty stomach. She couldn't bare to stay in that small cottage any longer than needed.

Y/n always made an effort to pick a bunch of flowers she though were beautiful and leave them in front of Tenshukaku for the Raiden Shogun to see. The electro archon was her role model, a beautiful female goddess, a powerful archon and warrior who ruled over Inazuma. She inspired Y/n to become a samurai.

Though the h/c female never left her name of the bouquet or flowers, she didn't want to cause any trouble for her or her family. This habit went on for years and years, until one day disaster struck on her family.

She was out carefully choosing flowers when she spotted an indigo haired boy picking sunettias from a tree. He seemed so calm and majestic, lost in his own world. He gave off the aura of a lone deer strolling around in tall strands of grass, lonely but content with it, comfortable when surrounded by nature.