Chapter 23

Willow fish quickly brought rice, which was braised winter melon and corn noodles.

Winter melon is soft and rotten, bright red in color, delicious and delicious, it tastes like meat. Li Qingshan cleared the dishes, washed the dishes and chopsticks and put them away, packed the basket and asked Liu Yu: "Shall we go to the mountains?"

After the frost, there are many wild fruits on the mountains to pick.

Liu Yu nodded, Li Qingshan didn't ask him to carry the basket again this time.

During the slack season, as long as they are not idlers, people from every household will go up the mountain to collect firewood. They have met many acquaintances along the way, and they all laughed and said that the young couple Li Qingshan and Liuyu are a good match.

Li Qingshan was overjoyed, his smile never faded along the way.

The more Liu Yu looked at him, the more he felt that he looked like the one embroidered on the handkerchief, and the corners of his mouth couldn't help but curl up.

When he got to a place where no one was around, Li Qingshan snorted softly, and settled the score with him, "Laughed secretly all the way, pretending I didn't know?"

Liu Yu said: "It's obviously you."

"I found—" Li Qingshan looked inquiringly Holding the willow fish, the face slowly moved closer. Then she caught off guard and kissed Liu Yu on the lips and ran away, then smiled lightly and said, "You are getting more and more eloquent!"

Liu Yu looked around in shock, seeing that no one was relieved, although her eyes stared at "doing evil" ", but the curvature of the corner of his mouth did not disappear.

Childish, Liu Yu thought.

Most of the mountains are bare. Many of the sorbets, wild persimmons and clove dates on the roadside have been picked off by people, and many have been pecked by birds until only the stalks are left on the branches.

The two walked for a long time, and when they reached a little higher, they found some unpicked ones.

Li Qingshan said: "Looks like we have to come sooner."

This year, after the first frost, he was busy with the affairs of the big farmer, so he didn't expect that so many people would take away so much in just two or three days. But these are enough to eat now. Although the wild fruits are delicious, they can't be eaten too much, so as not to get sick.

After returning home, the two went to the big dealer with two catties of brown sugar and a small basket of eggs. The child has been born for four days, but Da Zhuang was busy with family affairs in the first few days, and Da Zhuang's body was too weak to see guests.

Today is the official visit.

Da Zhuang led people into the house, Li Qingshan avoided suspicion and just sat in the main room, Da Zhuang talked with him, Liu Yu went into the back room alone.

The big farmer had been lying on the bed for a few days, and he was feeling weak. When he saw Liuyu coming, he waved to him happily and told him to sit on the edge of the bed, "Come quickly." After Liuyu sat down, he saw Liuyu carefully

. A little person who was born a few days ago.

It is carved in powder and jade, and it is sleeping.

The big dealer said: "You hug."

He is so small and so soft, Liu Yu doesn't dare.

The big dealer directly picked up the child, stuffed it into his arms and taught him how to hold the child.

After a while of panic, Liu Yu looked at the peaceful sleeping face of the little baby in front of her and smiled unconsciously. This feeling is very strange and makes people feel soft.

The big dealer said again: "Brother Qingshan is here too? You take the child out and ask him to see it."

Liu Yu listened to her and carried the child out.

Xianhu in the front, sister Tian including sister Yan were born, Li Qingshan has never seen such a big child, but this is the first time he saw Liu Yu holding a child, it felt very different, Li Qingshan's throat moved.

The two held the child for a while, looked at each other inadvertently, and then moved away. Liu Yu pursed his lips and carried the child back to the house.

Da Zhuang smiled and patted Li Qingshan on the shoulder, "If you want to, hurry up and give birth to yourself!" "Get

out of here! You're still so dishonest now that you're a father!" Li Qingshan scolded with a smile.

After leaving the big farmer's house, the two returned home in silence, Li Qingshan's mind was full of the image of Liu Yu hugging the child.

But he still insisted on the original idea, now is not a good time.

The next day, Li Qingshan's family woke up at dawn.

The two large stoves were heated with hot water first, Li Qingshan went out and called Dazhuang and Uncle Li to help.

Fearing that the yard would be dirty, Li Qingshan cleared an open space diagonally opposite his home yesterday afternoon, specially reserved for slaughtering pigs.

The four people carried the pig out and put it on the bench. Li Qingshan let out a long sigh of relief, relieved his tension, and then stabbed the pig's neck until it hit the heart. The big fat pig died with a scream. Annoyed.

This kind of hard work made the hearts of those who watched the excitement around the periphery jump, thinking that ordinary people might not be able to do the work of a butcher.

The pig's blood was filled into a big basin, and this thing was mixed with cold water and sprinkled with salt to make it form lumps. For those who can accept this, it is delicious.

As soon as it was picked up, someone offered to buy it, "I'll get the basin when I go home, but you have to keep it for me!"

This thing is not easy to measure, the blood that can flow out of a pig is about five catties, Li Qingshan told them One person gave two Wen, which was divided in half.

The two knew that they had taken advantage, and they were a little embarrassed, thinking that they would put the pig's blood home later, and then buy some ribs, and stew them when they went back.

After the pig blood is collected, the hot water is poured on the pig to shave.

The pig hair has to be cleaned up, otherwise girls love to clean it, and they will not be willing to buy it if they see that the pig hair has not been cleaned.

Li Qingshan made it carefully, turned the pig back and forth several times to check that it was clean, then hung the pig up and started dividing the meat.

Meat division is the most test of the butcher's skills. For example, pork suet, pork loin, pork plum blossom and pork belly are all a few pennies more expensive than ordinary front and rear legs. Naturally, the cleaner you shave, the more accurate the division, and the final profit bigger.

Li Qingshan had never done this kind of work before, and now he was all relying on thinking about the pig carcasses.

It took him an hour to finish a job that a normal butcher could clean up in half an hour.

The big dealer held three banquets the day before yesterday, and the smell of meat wafted all morning, making many children cry. I lied to the children before and said that it was not because the parents didn't want to buy it for you, but because the county is too far away, you know it's okay.

This time, all the children in the village know that Uncle Qingshan has killed a pig. If parents don't get some meat for them to eat, the child will be turned upside down. Let's figure it out!

After selling the grain, no one has any spare cash in their hands now, and the villagers just bought a lot of it by a catty by a catty by a catty by another.

Because of the large number of people, Li Qingshan didn't give anyone a discount. After all, he was in business. If so many people were cheap, there would be no profit at all. But Li Qingshan used the pigs as extras, and distributed a little bit to that family with a better relationship.

Wu Zhengshun, the village head, also specially bought a front elbow, and asked Cong Chunhua if he could make braised elbow for it. Over the years, there have been fewer and fewer people asking Cong Chunhua to help with the banquet, and even fewer people have this dish of elbow. He was really hungry after smelling the smell the day before yesterday!

Cong Chunhua agreed, and charged a processing fee of three Wen, which was money for spices, and it was bought when Li Qingshan Liuyu got married, and she could easily keep the rest.

The firewood is also from the village chief's house. After all, a stewed elbow in braised pork for two hours requires a lot of firewood. The firewood has to be sold in the city, and a catty of firewood is worth 1.5 cents, which is not cheap.

The village chief has no objection to this price at all. After all, buying a processed braised elbow in the city is much more expensive than this, and the taste may not be as good as Cong Chunhua's!

Li Qingshan also took off the other front elbow and kept it for his family to eat, and asked Liu Yu to stop him, "This is the first day of business, I will sell it in the city first, and after I make money, I will eat it for myself, there are plenty of opportunities

Just now he saw that the two catty two taels of pork front knuckle was sold for thirty-nine yuan, and he knew that the price of the pork knuckle was several cents more expensive than the meat on the front and rear legs, so he could just keep a catty of front leg meat for himself to eat . Well, pork knuckles are worth a lot, so it's better to bring them to the county town to sell them.

Li Qingshan listened to him, quickly finished his meal, and took the remaining pork to the county seat.

The three members of the family couldn't help each other, Liu Yu wanted to go with her, but Li Qingshan refused. It wasn't that he didn't want Liu Yu to show his face, it was because it took him two hours to go back and forth, and it was really tiring to walk purely by foot power.

If he saves up money to buy a mule cart in the future, he would like to ask Liu Yu to accompany him every day!

The radish pickled yesterday has been dehydrated, and Liu Yu scooped up all the radish strips and put them in a basket to dry.

The mustard greens in the vegetable garden were about to mature, and Cong Chunhua was making braised pork knuckles. Liu Yu and Mrs. Guan picked the young mustard leaves first.

These leaves are dried in the yard for two days, and when the leaves are slightly wilted, they can be put into the vat to make sauerkraut.

When Li Qingshan arrived at the county seat, it was mid-hour (ten o'clock), the sun was already shining, and there were many people on the streets. Li Qingshan had already found out the locations of several butcher shops in the city beforehand, so he chose a street market that was a little further away from these butcher shops.

After paying five cents for the booth fee, Li Qingshan moved down the long table and set it up, and then put the remaining pork on it.

As soon as it was set up, a chubby middle-aged man surrounded him and said, "Hey, there is also a meat stall in Nanfang Street!"

Li Qingshan smiled, showing his big white teeth, "It's the first time here."

Middle-aged The man said: "Then I must have two catties, and the pork tenderloin?"

He looked at the meat as if it had been bought by someone, not like the whole one.

"Yes!" Li Qingshan said.

Pork tenderloin is expensive, and the villagers think that it is not worth it because it is thin, so they don't like to buy it. But those who live in the county with a bit of wealth love this short-selling pig. The one Li Qingshan received is already considered a big fat pig, and the pork loin is only a little over four catties.

"That's two catties." The middle-aged man said.

"Okay!" Li Qingshan responded enthusiastically, but he cut it off with a single knife, but it cost nothing.

The middle-aged man teased, "You can't be accurate!"

Ordinary butchers, those who are skilled, cost a few catties, and if they are cut with a single knife, they will cost a few catties, and they can do it exactly.

Li Qingshan had a smile on his face, "It's my first time doing this, so I'm not proficient."

For a middle-aged man, Li Qingshan is a junior, with a tender face and a simple and honest look, he said: "Don't cut it, it's just like this, Just eat more!"

Li Qingshan took fifty cents from him, and gave him the remaining six cents, and tied the meat with a rope made of straw for him to carry.

The middle-aged man took the meat and said: "I took advantage of it, I will come again next time!"