-5-

𝑂𝑘𝑎𝑦, 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠, ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑒𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐴𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑎 𝑚𝑎𝑦 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑛𝑎𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑘!? 𝐼 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑡𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑝𝑢𝑚𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑦 𝑡𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑖𝑚𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑘𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒.

𝐺𝑒𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑡ℎ 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚!

I slam by book closed and took my glasses off. This is haunting me. The first time I saw her I had these sexual thoughts. Skin, smile, moans.

God!

I want her. "I want you." And the only thing that's stopping me from persuing you is because I'm playing the fucking waiting game!

"Fuck!" I hit my desk in frustration and exhaled. Calm down. Calm down.

Question is Eddy, why are you playing the waiting game? She finds you attractive, she makes all the first gestures, so what is the fucking problem?

I need to think. I need to think. Clear head, clear mind.

I got up and went downstairs. I stopped in the kitchen and somehow ended up by my kitchen window. I opened it and the cool air from outside came in.

Think.

My gaze drift to her house and my heart stopped. A white car pulled up and she got out —all smiles. The dress she's wearing is white with small cherries on them.

Her hair is in a neat bun with a few strands falling. The guy is taller than her, his hair is in a ponytail and he's got a sleeve of tattoos from what I can see.

Question is, Amelia...who in all hellfire is that?

A friend?

A hookup?

"Who the fuck." No, no, could be  a friend. Just a friend. Could be just a friend.

He could be, but he's a sudden character in her life. As am I but, who is he? She never mentioned having anyone else in her life on our...little date.

No boyfriend she mentioned, no girlfriend, not even old friends. Just dad, mom, work and much about herself.

"So who the fuck is he? Huh?"

I'm going over there. I opened my fridge door and examined the inside. Baking would take too long as well as cooking depending on what I make.

What's quick. What can be my first direct gesture? My eyes landed on my bag of peaches and I got an idea.

Peach lemonade.

I got everything I needed and got to work instantly. The only thing going through my head was what they could be doing in her house.

Chatting? Or...having sex?

I swear on my soul I'll kill him for ruining my chances with her. Twenty minutes later I was done. I grabbed a jar and washed it out before transfering the cold drink to it.

I added more ice from the tray and put the cover on, screwing it on tightly. I washed my hands and air dried them before taking the jar from the counter.