-24-

Today was a long day. I bought a lot of stuff too. Having Theo's dead body in the trunk of my car all day was nerve wrecking, but I'm glad I pulled through. Now, to make it seem like I didn't have a dead body in my trunk, I bought things for future misconception.

I just made it seem like I was going for a long camping trip, which was kind of right. I got a tent, an ax for Theo's body, but to them, probably to cut trees, which I will do. Again, for future misconception in case anything pops up again.

I bought snacks, chocolate, marshmallow's and crackers for smores, a few lighter fluid, a cooler, ice, bottles of water, a sleeping bag, and a few other things to sell the story that some of the questionable things I bought wasn't for a body at all.

I even got a few groceries and cleaning stuff to clean out my trunk and car for the smell. I even got a change of clothes. 

And for the next five hours, I would chop Theo into ten pieces, throwing up or gagging at the sight and smell of it every few moments.

I bagged him and lit that fucker ablaze. As his body burned I made me a few smores and a hotdog or two. It was sick, all of it was, but what could I do?

After a meal I had set up my tent and washed off in the dirty ass lake water. I told myself I'd never do this again.

Everything took a while and when handling the clothes, also burning those to ash, and the knife, I used gloves.

The knife was the only thing I didn't burn, instead I decided to toss it in the river. I exhaled and wiped my forehead. I grabbed the ax I used for Theo and washed it in the river.

I walked further away from my camp to body trees this time and spotted a deer. I stopped. I've never seen one up close before so seeing one at a time like this made me curious and it also gave me an idea.

The burning flesh smell could be the excuse of dead deer instead. Or maybe I could bring it back home, make it seem like I has been hunting too.

I took a careful steo back, not wanting to alert the animal. I cocked my hand back, gripping the handle of the ax tightly. I don't want to chase it, so I better make this throw worth it.

I exhaled and then threw it. The blade of the ax cut through the neck of it and it took off with a screech.

Fuck.

I ran after it, watching as it zipped through the trees and hopped over branches. I dodged tree branches and skipped over loose branches.

The deer hit a stump and finally fell down. I stopped in my tracks, placing my hands on my knees to catch my breath. It made wailing sounds and whimpered in pain.

It's legs kicked and after a minute it finally stopped, only whimpering weakly.

I knelt down beside it and it's dough brown eyes met mine. The look reminded me of Amelia's sad gaze. What if she was a deer, what if this deer was her? Then that would mean I killed her with no remorse.

I wiped the tears that had fallen and stroked it's soft fur, fur just as soft as hers. It's whimpers echoed in my ears and it tugged at my heart.

"I'm sorry. I...I never killed an animal before."

It whined, probably to remind me once more of what I did without thinking or its feelings. The deer stopped moving finally and I cried.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I laid down beside it...her and cuddled it. I stroked the side of their skin and sobbed.

I don't know why of all things a deer would make me cry like this, but she did. I shouldn't have killed her. What for?

She was minding her business and I came and ended her. I laid there for about thirty minutes before I finally pulled myself together.

I wiped my eyes and struggled with picking her up, pulling her over my shoulders. She was heavy, but she deserves to be carried. I spent ten minutes walking with her and set her down gently when I reached camp.

I felt another wash of tears come over me and I pushed past it. I pulled the ax from her neck and blood splattered.

I sniffled, wiping my face.

"I'm sorry."

I fell to my knees and spent another thirty minutes caressing her golden brown fur. She probably had kids, or even a lover to get back too. Someone she loves.

"I'll take you home." I whisper. "I'll take care of you." I gazed at the fire and called it night. I've been out here long enough.

I left the fire for the ladt thing to get rid of. I packed everything up, which took about twenty minutes. I got Hoorian, which I decided to name her, and set her in the trunk with the rest of the things.

I really should invest in a truck. I out the fire made sure nothing was left behind that would be found. I guess a long fire helps.

And the last thing I sent to Amelia's phone before getting rid of Theo's phone was a simple, "good night."

I got in my car and was soon out of there. The thought of Hoorian crossed my mind and I felt a wash of depression. I love animals, always have.

I really fell for Hoorian, like a friend. I killed my bestfriend.

"I'm sorry Hoorian, I really am. Maybe you could forgive me?" My gaze went to the rearview mirror as if she was in the backseat.

I sigh and focused. I would spend another two hours making my way home and when I got there it was oddly quiet. Sure it's always quiet but it's quiet, too quiet.

And all of Amelia's house lights are off, even her door light.

I park my car, noticing that the rental is gone. She took it back, she texted "Theo" earlier as I was getting rid of him. She still has her doubts though. She even went to his apartment to see if his clothes were gone and if he checked out.

She's insane. Of course I'd make sure to leave not a trace to me. I got out and heaved a sigh. I went inside, not bothering to take Hoorian out. I can't face her again, her eyes can touch the soul of any man.

I ease the door closed behind me and took my shoes off. I rubbed my eyes, making my way towards the kitchen for a bottle of water.

I popped it open and grabbed one before making my way to my room. I took the cap off, making my way up the steps. The moment I reached the top floor I heard something.

I stopped in my tracks, my eyes gazing at my door. Silence crept and I moved closer. I was hesitant to open it since anything could be on the other side, or anyone.

Despitr my cautious thoughts, I opened it and walked on the other side. Nothing.

"This is for Theo!" I looked to my left and Amelia struck me over the head with a metal bat. The water dropped from my hand and I collapsed to the floor. My head spung and ears rang.

"You think I'm stupid? Theo never tells me goodnight without calling me Luna. So fuck you."

She hit me again and I blacked out.

I forgot to lock my door. Shit.

~