Kabanata 4

GREGGY'S POV:

I don't want to ask many people whose child Mavi is because she might be owned by someone even if they are not the parents.

"Dada, am-ammm!"

I was surprised when she suddenly opened her eyes and stood up from the bed. She must be hungry because she slept for a long time when we were in Ilocos.

I bring her here at Forbes because I have urgent meeting tomorrow. I left Luis and Alfy there because their Mommy was there.

I immediately picked up Mavi and went to the kitchen. Weng might have come from the grocery store. I ordered them to buy milk and foods for Mavi.

"Can you find out where we can take this child to find her parents... Please." I told to our helpers.

I made Mavi sit on the kitchen island and that's when I saw her tears falling. What's her problem?

"I'm M-Mavi, D-Dada..." She said while bending over. I think she understood what I was saying earlier that I was asking our helpers to find her parents. I have to do the right thing so that she can be returned to her family as soon as possible.

"Yes, Boss baby... You're Mavi po, what's matter?" I softly asked.

"M-Mimi said y-you are m-my Dada..." She answered and suddenly pouted. Sino ba kasing Mimi mo? Kung sya ang Mimi mo, papayag ako kahit dito kana tumira habang buhay.

"May I know what is your Mimi's name?" I asked. Kapag nasagot nya ito, tapos lahat ng problema ko, akin pa rin ang pamilya ko.

"It's c-confidential, Dada..."I suddenly rolled my eyes when I heard her answer. I even saw our helpers laughing at Mavi's answer.

I picked her up again and sat her on the dining chair. The helpers are cooking her food. I even saw her smiling while watching me preparing her milk.

It's 9:00pm and it looks like she won't be able to sleep all night because she slept a long time earlier. Just imagine that from Ilocos to Makati she was asleep.

She was wiping tears from her cheeks so when I finished mixing the milk I brought it to her and I also wiped her tears. I felt a little pity for her because I realized what I said that made her cry. What if I'm really her daddy? It's painful for her.

I can even count the days, hours and months since Irene left me, when the time comes for me to know when this child was born. I don't doubt myself that I have a child with another woman because I haven't make out with anyone else. only with Irene since we got married.

The sinigang they were cooking was finished so they served immediately. Mavi is clapping while staring at the dish and thanked the helpers. What a good girl. She knows how to eat by herself so I let her after I put food on her plate. I also ate with her so that I could dress her afterwards.

We quickly finished our food and she finished her milk. She was really hungry from her long sleep. She got down from the chair and held my hand because earlier I told her that I would dress her after we finished eating. Helpers also bought her clothes earlier so she will have something to wear.

She's wearing a red dress. I took the boots off in the car earlier because she was irritated.

I immediately dressed her when we got to the room. She's very behaved and talkative. She talks a lot and she even asked me to go to Vancouver because she says she misses Shawn. Who's Shawn? Don't tell me you have a brother, little girl.

"Dada, where's Mimi?" She sadly said when she remembered she have Mimi. Diba dapat ako ang nagtatanong nyan?

"Ahm.. May I know what's your Mimi's name?" Carefully asked.