Chapter 04

I jump over the wall of the rental villa and wait for my friends. As much as there was security at the border there's almost none inside the valley. After all it's not like any of the ABDs here are criminals or that anyone would dare sneak into an ABD's guesthouse.

There are exceptions, obviously.

I push the door and it opens. See, nobody has fear of any thieves.

My friends and I are only a few steps into the house when someone jumps to in front me from above like a ninja.

It's one of Jackson's pals I saw at the hill.

"You?" He says.

"Me."

"Are you really his mate?" He says.

"Yes."

"And you are an Alpha?" He says with just as much surprise as Jackson showed before.

"Yes, and by virtue of which I outrank you, so why don't you stop pointing at me?"

He quickly puts down his hand.

"Where's your friend?" I say.

"He's in his room. Probably asleep."

"Which room is his?"

The boy hesitates.

"It's not like he can't take care of himself if I try to assault him. Which room?" I repeat.

I get the answer when the room at the left opens and a fuming Jackson comes out. "What are you doing here?" He says.

"I told you I would come and introduce my friends. This is Ivan, my Beta, and this is Claire, my Delta. Guys, that's my mate, Jackson, but I also call him Jacky."

Jackson comes over and stands intimidatingly towering over me in front of my face. "I told you I do not want a mate. If you're here, it better be to accept my rejection, otherwise, get out," he says.

"I told you, I'm not letting you go."

"Then leave," he says, "Or I'll make you leave."

"You wouldn't d-"

He grabs my arm and twists it behind my back. "Ow. Ow. Jacky, come on. I just want to talk," I say.

He leads me out of the house while my friends silently follow us. Once the three of us are out, Jackson loudly closes the doors. And then we hear the locks click.

Such a drama queen.

I start knocking on the door. "Jack come on! Let me in! Jackyy! Baby?! Honey?! You asshole! Open the fucking door or I'll br-"

"Don't," Ivan says, "You can't break it."

I sigh and back off from the large ass door. I can't break it.

But I'm still gonna try. I lift my leg to kick it when we hear someone. "Psst."

We look up. The other boy who was with Jackson in the morning is now looking down at us from the house. He gestures us to climb up. Ah, an ally behind the enemy border lines.

We climb up and he takes us into a room. "So you really are his mate," he says. "Yes, and yes, I'm also an Alpha," I tell him.

"That's amazing," he says, smiling, "I'm Wren, Jackson's Delta."

Delta, huh. Figures. Deltas are always the sweetest. Except my dear Chloe.

"Wren," I say, "Is there anyway I can catch and talk to that lovely friend of yours without him kicking me out?"

Wren says, "Tomorrow there's a dinner with the senior Alphas. You can get a seat there?"

Wren seems to have too much expectations of others. "Is there any other easier way?" I say.

"This is the only one I could think of. Also, we're leaving soon after dinner."

Like hell they are. "Okay, I'll find a way into the dinner."

After my friends and I leave the house, Ivan asks me, "How are you going to get a seat at that table?"

I stop and look at him. "I do what every girl does when she has to face the impossible," I say and take out my flip phone and flip it open. "I call my daddy."

The next day, I get ready for the dinner in one of Chloe's pretty black dress. Thanks to my resourceful and well connected dad I got a seat at the table.

When I enter the large dining hall, I immediately start scanning for Jackson. I see him talking to some older Alphas. I quickly go over to him and wrap my hand around his. "Hey, Jackson," I say to him before turning to the men, "Hello, gentlemen."

Jackson tries to pull his arm away but there's no way he can yank it out of me in front of everyone, so I keep my grip firm. "Who might this beautiful young lady be?" One of the men says.

"Leah Wester. Alpha of Fault Lake. You might know my father, Baron Wester," I say.

"Baron, I remember him," one of the men says. "A jolly good fella."

Yeah, that sounds like my dad.

"How do you know Alpha Jackson?" Someone else asks.

"Met him at a training camp, and now we're very tight, aren't we, Jacky?" I say, looking at him.

He gives a restricted smile.

"Now, if you all don't mind, can I steal him for a moment?" I say to the group.

"Please, for a beautiful belle like you, he's all yours," the man says.

I gently drag a reluctant Jackson away to the side.

Once we're out of everyone's sight he yanks away his hand.

"Ouch. Can't you do that slowly?" I say.

"Can you not touch me in the first place?"

"Why? You feel something?"

"Yes, irritation."

I glare at him. "Why you have to be so difficult?"

"I told you I don-"

"You think anyone will accept such a bullshit of a reason? You'll have to be more specific, at least!"

"I don't have to explain you anything. Stop wasting our time, and just accept my rejection."

"That's not fair! You should at at least give me a chance!"

"A chance for what?"

"To change your mind."

"My mind won't ch-"

"Say that after you've given me the chance."

"Fine! What do you want?"

I didn't think this far ahead, so I try to think quickly.

"What?" He says, impatiently.

"Weekends," I say.

"What?"

"Five weekends, ten days. You give me five weekends. We spend them together however and wherever I like. After those ten days, if you still don't want a mate, I'll back off and accept your rejection."

"However you like?"

"Don't worry I won't cross any lines. You'll be safe and sound with me."

He crosses his arms, thinking. "You'll stick to your word at the end?"

"I swear."

"Fine," he says, "We've a deal."

End of chapter