Chapter 35

Valerie POV

»Congrats, girl! Your boyfriend just destroyed the internet!«, Juliette laughed as she took a sip from her glass of wine.
We were standing behind the kitchen counter, mixing some cocktails.

»Yeah, I guess he did.« I put on a proud smile, my heart warming by the thought of Charles saying those words dedicated to millions of people.
Juliette chuckled as she faced me.
»You are so in love, it's almost unbearable to watch.«

I laughed with her until we got interrupted by the doorbell.

»Are you expecting someone?«, Juliette asked, watching me walking towards the front door.
»No, not that I would know of.«

I opened the door, a shock going down my whole body.
My heart skipped a beat of excitement, my face grew into a wide smile as I faced my sister.

»Blanca!« I pulled her into a hug.
»Val!« We froze in our embrace, enjoying the moment.

»What are you doing here?«, I asked surprisingly as we broke apart.
»Carlos told me that you were staying in Monaco a little longer, so I decided to watch by. He said you'd be here«, she explained happily, looking around. »Nice house!«

»Yeah, it's Charles' house...«
I let her in and we walked to the kitchen.
Juliette turned to us, putting on a confused face.

»Juliette, this is my sister, Blanca.«, I introduced them, my smile growing every second.

They greeted each other, seeming to get along very well.

»So, wait, are we talking about Charles Leclerc's house?«, Blanca asked as she faced me again.
»Uh... yes?« I knew that she was aware of our past since I told her simply everything.

»Dios mio, there's a lot we have to talk about.«, she said, finally placing the little bag she was holding in her hands on the counter.

»I brought dessert. If you don't mind me joining your girls night?«
»Not at all! I'm happy to hear all about Valerie's childhood!«, Juliette replied with a cheeky smile.

We made it ourselves comfortable on the couch, drinking cocktails, eating ice cream and talking like I haven't talked for ages.

»You have slept with him already?!« Juliette couldn't believe what I told them after I've finished the story of how Charles and I ended up together again.

»Multiple times.«

»Oh. My. God. Tell me, is he good?« Juliette moved closer to me, putting on that curious look.

»Okay, okay. No details needed!« My sister interrupted me before I could say anything, chuckling.

»Val, does he make you happy?«, she suddenly asked with a serious face expression.
I knew she was worried about me. I was a mess after I broke up with Charles four years ago.

But this time nothing could change my mind.
I knew deep in my heart that I loved this man.
More than everything.

»Happier than I could ever be.«

Blanca smiled, handing me my glass, then holding hers up.
»To my sister and her magnificent, charming boyfriend.«, she announced and we all toasted.

»Yes, he is. I mean, have you met him? French charm and so on.«, I chuckled and pictured Charles before my eyes.

»I really wish you two the best.«, Juliette mentioned and Blanca agreed with her.