Shopping

"Katniss, you ready yet?" Annie complains from my bedroom door.

"Yeah, coming." I shout before quickly tying my hair into my usual side braid.

Today Annie and Johanna are forcing me to go shopping with them for the party tomorrow.

I'm still not sure how I feel about going but I've learned to just go with it as they are constantly bugging me about it and I know I would never hear the end of it if I didn't go.

Also, Johanna would complain if I told her I didn't want to come so I figured I'd just come shopping with them.

I'm not really a girly person so I know this is going to be a nightmare.

"Let's go." They cheer and I can't help but groan.

Thankfully they ignore me and we leave the house saying goodbye to Prim on the way out.

We take Johannas car and it's not long before we arrive at the mall.

"What's your favourite colour?" Annie wonders making me give her a look.

"Green, why?" I ask confused.

"Well green dress it is." Johana says joining in with the conversation.

"Your really good to make me wear a dress?" I ask already dreading it.

"Of course, you really think we'd let you see Peeta in jeans and t shirt. No chance." Annie says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"I'm not even going to see Peeta." I say as my attention turns to something else.

"Whatever." Johanna laughs before I'm dragged into a underwear store.

"Are you been serious? These don't look like dresses." I say holding up a light blue matching bra and panties.

"Well I've seen your underwear and I think you need more fashionable ones." Johanna replies and I raise an eyebrow at her.

"When did you see my underwear?" I ask immediately.

"When you were locked in the bathroom for half an hour." she answers shrugging her shoulders.

"You went through my draws?" I almost shout before realising this isn't the place to do that.

I don't want everyone knowing about my........underwear.

"And wardrobe, you seriously own no dresses at all? Your the prettiest girl ever and I'm surprised you don't have a boyfriend." Annie says looking me straight in the eyes.

I can't help but smile when she calls me pretty.

She's seriously one of the best friends I could ever have.

Same goes with Johanna but she's just a little more open about sex. Too open.

"Thank you Annie." I finally reply with a smile.

"How about we go eat something? We can always shop later and I'm starving." I wonder trying to take the attention away from the underwear store.

"That sounds good." Johanna smiles rubbing her stomach.

"I could eat too." Annie says and gladly for me, we leave.

Just as I thought they'd forgot about it I feel Johanna whisper in my ear

"Whether you like it or not, we're coming back there and you're not leaving until you buy something sexy." she laughs.

"Fine." I answer as we walk into McDonald's.

One of my favourites.

I've got no idea what dress they are planning to get me in but if it's anything too tight, I will right down completely refuse.

I'm not one for looking pretty so I'm sure me just been in a dress will be enough surprise everyone since I'm the only girl at school who doesn't wear a skirt.

"So katniss, you need to come to mine at 5:00pm tomorrow." Annie says as we sit down to eat.

"What for?" I wonder as Johanna gives me a look.

"So we can get you ready, we've got everything planned out." Johanna says and I nod.

"Is it bad?" I ask unsurely.

"Katniss chill, you my dear, are going to look amazing. Peeta is going to be drooling over you." Annie says a bit too loudly.

"Thanks but I don't even know if he likes me. I don't want to make anything awkward because we haven't even known each other for very long." I reply taking a sip of coke.

"Katniss, it was love at first sight. I can tell." Johanna says nudging me.

"Now, how do you feel about him?" She questions.

"Well I guess I kinda like him." I say not wanting to give too much information.

"Kinda? That's a lie." Johanna says before her and Annie burst out laughing.

"I'm glad you find this funny." I say but I can't help but smirk.

Of course I wasn't going to tell them I'm obsessed with his blue eyes and amazing blond hair.

But I think they know......

I'm so sorry. This was so rushed. I've been super busy with school and I know it seems like I'm saying this all the time but year 10 is tough and I promise I'l update again as soon as I can.