Sorry

I make my way out of my lesson thinking about Katniss.

I havent seen her since lunch and ive been meaning to talk to her. I didnt mean to upset her, i just need to make sure shes okay.

Shes everything to me and more-

"Ow." I groan as my head hits against the wall.

I open my eyes to see a very angry looking Johanna who now has me pushed up against the wall. Annie is standing by her and although she doesnt physically look angry, i can feel that she is.

"What are you playing at?" Johanna questions through gritted teeth.

"Johanna. I didnt mean anything by it." I start but im cut of by Annie.

"You almost had Katniss in tears at lunch. Have you not been paying attention to her at all these last few weeks?" Annie questions making me stare at her in shock.

"Of course i have. I was the one who was at the hospital bed every day and night. All ive done is been paying attention to her. Shes my girlfriend." I chock out.

The grip of Johannas hands become tighter.

"Yeah? Well if you arent carful, that wont be for much longer." Johanna spits out.

"Look, i know i shouldnt have accused her of anything but im going to make it up to her. She means everything to me and im just concerned." I say but by the look on Johannas face, i know she doesnt believe me so i continue.

"I made a mistake. I was stupid and i just didnt think. I promise i will apologise and i promise i will make it up to her." I finish.

Johanna finally lets go of me and i breathe a sigh of relief.

"Just be warned. You mess with her, you mess with us." Johanna says before she moves away from me.

I watch as she and Annie make their way down the corridoor and out of the school doors and just like that, they are gone.

Rubbing my neck, i pick my bag off of the floor and make my way outside. Head full of thoughts.

I know Katniss wouldnt have waited for me and i can only pray that she will forgive me. I didnt mean anything by it and i need to somehow show her that.

As i walk out, i hear a small voice.

"Peeta." I turn to see its Prim.

"Hey, whats up?" I ask softly hoping she doesnt have a go.

We've been getting along really well and id hate to spoil it. Shes like the sister i never had.

"Have you seen Katniss?" She wonders looking around, she probably wants to know why im not with her.

"Not for a while." I reply honestly.

"Why are you not with her? Doesnt she give you a lift home?" I question with a small smile.

"Of course but im staying back at school with Rue tonight, going to catch up on a pieces of school work." She smiles widely.

"Oh i see. If i catch Katniss, i will tell her you were looking for her." I reply honestly and she nods her head in return before rushing off to meet Rue and a few other friends.

I wave goodbye to her before starting my long journey home. Just as i get out of the school gates, i hear a different voice.

Similar to Prims, although its older and more mature.

"Katniss." I say not knowing if now is the time she ends it forver.

I feel my heart beating one million times an hour when she opens the door to the passenger seat.

"You coming?" She questions.

I stand there looking stupid for a moment before i decide to speak.

"Katniss i know you must hate me right now but-" She cuts me off.

"Peeta, its hard to hate someone i am completely in love with. Get in the car and we will go somewhere to talk." She says lightly.

My heart stops. She still loves me. Now i know i need to prove it back to her.

I nod showing her a small smile before i hop into her car.

I need to keep my promise with not only Johanna and Annie, but for myself.

Im going to make it up to her.