chapter 10.

"you could not have made it more obvious that you and jj were having sex last night" pope says as kie walks towards him and sarah at the counter.

"yeah... the headboard was very loud. and all we hear was "jj!" sarah mocks.

"shut up" kie rolls her eyes as she sits next to sarah.

"hey, no judgement. nothing we haven't done before" pope says.

sarah and kie both chuckle.

"so, what's the plan from now? we can't stay here forever" pope says.

kie takes a deep breathe. "i know. i've been thinking, i'm gonna go home today. see my dad, try to talk to him" she says.

"what? no! he could easily send you away again" sarah says.

"what can i do? i can't avoid him forever he's my dad. i'll be fine, if he calls anyone i'll get the hell out of there" kie says.

sarah and pope both stay silent for a few seconds.

"jj's never gonna allow it" sarah says.

"that's why... i'm not gonna tell him" kie says.

"what?" pope says.

"i'm gonna go now, he's still asleep so he can't stop me" kie says.

"what do we tell him when he gets up?" sarah says.

"you tell him i'll be back soon" kie says as she slips her shoes on.

"kie..." sarah says.

"i'll be fine. i'll call you if i need you" kie says.

sarah nods as kie walks out of the door.
__________

kie takes a deep breathe as she walks up the steps to the porch. she peers through the glass as she rests her hand on the door knob. she hesitates for a second when she remembers the last time she was here. she shakes it away and slowly opens the door. she carefully walks inside and is greeted by sophie sat in the kitchen.

"kie..." she says, standing up.

"hey..." kie says.

"how are you? are you okay?" sophie says.

"yeah... where's dad?" kie says.

right on cue, footsteps stomp down the stairs. kie and sophie both look over at the steps.

mike freezes at the bottom of the stairs when he sees his daughter stood next to sophie.

"kie?" he says.

she stays silent and still as he slowly walks towards her.

"i- are you okay?" he says.

"like you give a shit" she says.

"i do" he says.

"you sent me away. you sent me to that place, dad. it was like a prison!" she shouts.

"i was doing what i thought was best for you" he says.

"what was best!?" she chuckles. "so you decided on sending me to a place, hours away, where i was completely alone and cut off from the world?" she says.

"i'm sorry. i didn't think it through very well" he says.

she takes a deep breathe. "i don't know if i'll be able to forgive you. i'm not living her anymore, i'm staying elsewhere. i hope you know this is on you. you're still my dad but you've ruined our relationship" she says.

he looks down. "i really am sorry"

"well it's a bit too late for that" she says, walking back towards the door.
_________