BIRTHDAY.

it was the day.

jay sprang from his bed, hitting his head against the upper bunk. it hurt, but he didn't care. today was his lifeline's birthday. it only happens once in a year, he had to make use of this.

crawling out of his bed, he went directly to the fridge. grabbing a bottle of club soda, he began to plan. he wasn't the type to follow instructions, hence why he never did well at school and finally found being an idol as a way to escape—he smacked his head. he was getting carried away, he had to focus.

he wrote down the plan on a notepad full of physics he found lying around with 'sjy' written on the side with permanent marker. he shrugged, jake wouldn't mind, right? he continued to scribble, dialling different numbers from bakery to bakery, hoping they have that specific cake—eureka! finally, one with that cake. it was a rendition of the My Mom is an Alien ice cream, with the tiramisu topping.

jungwon's gonna love it. he couldn't help but chuckle to himself silently. 'i could imagine him with those chubby cheeks of his, his boba eyes and god, his dimples when he smiles.'

why would he go through all that trouble for him? you ask, that's because jay wanted to make him happy on his birthday. he has no idea how to top this on his next birthday, but that's for future jay. every thing was set and perfect, he just needed the plan to go through.

the sun shone into my eyes, waking me up violently first thing in the afternoon. we finally have an off day and when i wanna sleep in, god somehow just makes me wake up. "oh well." i sat up and stretched, i checked my phone—it's my birthday. huh. i chuckled, no birthday message from jay. all the other members had solo schedules regarding collabs and interviews. he must be up to a birthday surprise.

jay was good at lying. he knew all about psychology—body language and voice control. it helped immensely on singing and rapping too, which only made me even more excited. i wonder what he has planned!

i walked into the kitchen after washing up, changing into a fresh set of clothes—that were strangely laid onto my bed by sunoo with a note— " 'you'll thank me later! - the sun.' isn't that suspicious." you'd think after all these years you've been besties you'd think he'll tell you everything, but then again, he is very fond of the element of surprise.

following makeup tips from sunoo who went on a date with sunghoon and a manager who i feel bad for, i successfully curled my hair without burning off a strand like meg march, and with lip tint and beige blush, i look ripe.

i went to the kitchen, and the smell of overnight curry hits my senses. mmm, it's the kind i like. "sweet, savoury and well seasoned. i made it just the way you like it." jay went over to me, the counter separating us by five feet.

my feet dangled on the stool, eager to taste this curry. "it should be in the top ten. i made it with my own recipe, it tastes better than i made it during future perfect." jay turned off the stove and set up the pot. i could smell the sweet sweet scent of the pot. come to papa.

i grabbed the bowl of rice and began picking at the curry, i stabbed the potato and took a bite. "holy shit-" my mind had just self destruct. suddenly i knew all the answers to jake hyung's equations and the angles' degrees needed to do a triple axel on ice smoother than sunghoon hyung. i was entirely speechless, because this was so good. jay looked at me expectantly, "well? how was it?" i gave him a thumbs up. i approve, of his hard work, and of the love he put into making this curry delicious.

"mmm! this is the best curry i've ever ever had. it's perfect! thank you hyung."
jungwon gave jay a hug, and jay felt as if his heart was getting tickled. it was the tickling sensation of him falling deeper in love with jungwon.

jungwon had figured out that his hyung would get him a surprise when he saw that large pot in the fridge yesterday, but he didn't expect his hyung to remember such small details about him, especially when it was said years ago.

'hyung! do you know what's my favourite thing in the world?'

jay turned his towards the younger, his brow raised with a soft smirk, 'me?'

jungwon's rosy cheeks faded into a bashful pink. 'curry!' his voice cracking in the process.

jay smiled and patted his head. 'i'll keep that in mind, wonie.'

and here he was, in his hyung's warm embrace, his arms around the man he loved the most. he leaned towards jay's chin and gave his chin a small peck. "thank you, hyung."

guess jay can consider this a success.