Poster Boy

slow burn [] | second chance []

♪ 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰  𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮  𝓪  𝓹𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓻  𝓫𝓸𝔂 ♪

'are you from another lifetime'

They were eleven and twelve, having met at the clothing store that cornered the most populated street in their city, and it became their regular spot, for a shared love of fashion.

Then they were twenty-one and twenty-two, and nothing had changed.

They still bickered as though they were children, oblivious to the cruel world and the greatest of enemies. The whole campus knew of their rivalry.

She was fresh out of her fifth hookup this week, while he remained unwaveringly single, much to the dismay of the school's female population.

Both were in med school and at the top of their class, with a constant shift in the first and second positions every single ranking season. The biggest news, and the first one to break every exam season, had been the same ever since their first year: who got the higher score?

Last mock test, it had been Chanel who'd come up on top. But only by half a mark. That had been the biggest point of gossip across the last couple of weeks.

'How are you, babe?' he droned lazily. 'Sulking, Ray, sulking,' she huffed, a light blush spreading on her face thanks to the chilly wind.

It was late spring, but the cold was still there. Chanel was dressed in a high white fluffy tank top and a black miniskirt, paired with her black combat boots. She should've been freezing, yet here she was.

Ray, however, was dressed in a stylish suit, plus a thick wool coat to cover him.

'You're shaking, bunny,' he noted, a flicker of concern on his face. 'C'mon,' he shrugged off his coat and put it over her shoulders, his fingers brushing over her collar.

She didn't flinch, staying perfectly still while he wrapped her in his scarf as well.

'Ray, if this is you attempting to be human, don't even try. We all know that you're too far gone,' she warned, 'Chanel if my mother saw you shivering as mad as you are right now, she'd kill me. I'm doing this for her and my own sanity, not because of you,' he replied, a bite in his voice, warning her not to argue.

'Face it, Winters, you've got no jurisdiction over what I wear or if I get to freeze to death or not,' she said stiffly.

'Tell that to my mother, or, if you're so sure of that, yours,' he challenged.