Options

heartbreaking [] | wholesome []

♪  𝓘'𝓶  𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽  𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻  𝓸𝓹𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷  𝓯𝓸𝓻  𝔂𝓸𝓾  ♪

'tear me to pieces and break my heart'

"Damn the world and everyone along with it," Atlantis Singer watched as the woman who'd just taken a seat at the high table in the cafe downed her large hazelnut latte whole.

Blinking, he whipped up another, placing it in front of her. "On the house," he winked. "You look like you could use it." She simply nodded and took a sip. "That obvious?" she groaned, slumping down on the table.

"No, I mean, I get customers who walk through the front door, cussing out the world every day," he teased. "Well, I feel bad for the newly single customer then, and damn is NOT a cuss word," she mumbled.

He stared at her. "Surely you're joking," he raised an eyebrow. "Who's the idiot?" she lifted her head and pointed at the cafe next door and the boy (Al refused to call someone who let such a catch getaway a man) staring across the road.

"That's the idiot," she told him. "Well, he certainly looks like one. How he managed to score you, I'll never know," Al rolled his eyes and moved to take the order of another customer.

"Hello, welcome, what may I get you today?" he asked. He was generally a soft-spoken guy, calm, quiet, and charming. His personality was perfect for his job, where people usually appreciated his soft and gentle voice. It was amazing the number of frustrated customers that walked through the door in search of caffeine.

"Just a cappuccino please, the name is Kiana," the brunette smiled. Based on the bags under her eyes, the girl had obviously been pulling all-nighters. "Late night?" Al asked.

"Insane, trust me, the amount of work I have to do, especially since I'm trying to get into Ray and Chanel Winter's exclusive course."

Ah, a med student. Sis, you have no idea how many times I get the same remark, he mentally laughed.

"Chanel would be glad to see that you're working so hard," he told the girl, whose eyes widened. "Nice to meet you, I'm Atlantis Singer, brother to Chanel Singer-Winters and brother-in-law to Ray Winters," he grinned.

Leaving her gasping in awe, he moved on to the next customer, who ordered an americano. Taking a couple more orders, he started up the coffee machine.

"Wanna tell me about it?" he asked Miss Newly-Single, who was typing away furiously on her phone. "Well, he asked me to marry him." Al turned his head towards her so quickly he was afraid his neck would snap.