Angel | Pt. 1

beautiful [✓] | nostelgic [✓]

♪  𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵,  𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽  𝓯𝓵𝔂  𝓼𝓸  𝓬𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮  𝓽𝓸  𝓶𝓮  ♪

'people like me break beautiful things'

Alexandra Olympus stepped out of the airport with nothing but her purse in one hand and a bottle of ginger ale in the other.

"Dria, over here," a familiar face greeted her as she scanned the area. She smiled and walked over, giving the elderly man a light peck on the cheek.

"How was your flight? Was it up to your standard?" he asked.

"Mhm," she nodded, beaming. "I'm glad you found it satisfactory. I apologize for not being able to fly down myself to bring you back, but I'm afraid that your mother needed some help with the new contract," he said, shaking his head in regret.

"That's alright, I had a lovely time anyways. Is King back yet?" she asked, ducking her head and squinting in an attempt to peer into the tinted glass of the car.

"Right here, Dria," King, her older brother, and the only person who could beat her at Mario Kart, tapped her shoulder. "And guess who's with me?" Peeking out behind King was their younger brother, Jay, or JJ, as he was known affectionately in their family.

"Xixi!" the little boy shrieked, jumping from his brother's arm to his sister's, throwing Alexandra off guard. Despite this, the obsidian-haired girl had quick reflexes, catching her brother just in time.

"JJ, don't do that," King reprimanded gently. "Dria might fall, and you might both get hurt." Alexandra laughed and ruffled Jay's hair.

"Sorry, Xixi," the boy wrapped his tiny arms around his sister.

"No need for apologies," she smiled. "Never say sorry." Turning to talk to the elderly man, she shifted her arms so that Jay would be more comfortable. "Uncle Kai, shall we head home?" she smiled, her eyes shining with happiness at the unexpected arrival of her brothers.

"Of course, follow me," Kai said, holding open the door. Although he wasn't family by blood, none of them were, he was their uncle through and through, spoiling them even during the most normal or random of days. Their mother's brother by blood, he had been there even before their adoption papers had been signed.

"Let's go home!" Jay cheered.

Home.

Alexandra hadn't been home in a decade, if not more. She'd left home at the age of seventeen, earning her spot at one of the top universities in the world.