Dimple

light-hearted [] | funny []

♪ 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽  𝓭𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓮  𝓲𝓼  𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓰𝓪𝓵 ♪

'was it a mistake made by an angel?'

If Eli was being 100% honest, there was no way in hell he would be sitting down at the back of Cherice's diner, being stared at by four different sets of eyes while his girlfriend took a trip to the bathroom to 'freshen up.'

But no, Thalia just had to insist that he meet her best friends.

Growing up in a big city where his family name was well known, he'd pretty much-known everyone who mattered, and everyone who didn't matter knew him. He was like an exotic creature in the zoo, where children and bidders alike tapped on the glass just to get a reaction out of him.

But that was nothing compared to the soul-piercing gazes he was receiving right now.

Eleanor Madrigal stared at him, her lion-like eyes unblinking, studying him carefully. "So, you're Thali's pick, huh?" she gave him a once-over, then nodded in a way that looked a lot like approval.

"Not bad," she said, not bothering to whisper. He wasn't the least bit offended. Winning over Thalia had been the hardest thing he'd ever done, but he would've done it all over again.

He'd chased her halfway across the world just to get her to look at him.

"Don't be like that, Lelie, I quite like him," Seraphina Queen offered him a gentle smile. "After all, have we ever seen Thali bring someone back?" Luna Solace raised an eyebrow. "I'd hope not," Eli grinned, unabashed.

He met the gaze of the final pair of eyes at the table, and Alexandra Olympus winked at him. "I hope they didn't grill you," Thalia slid into her spot beside him.

"Well, seeing as I am still unscarred, it would seem not," Eli flashed her a charming smile.

"Eww, save the flirting for the bedroom," Luna gagged. "What would Andrew say to that, huh?" Eleanor teased. "That the bedroom is any room I'm in," Luna fired back. "Ooh, steamy," Seraphina laughed.

Alexandra stood up. "I shall place our order. What would you like to have, Elliot?" she asked, her voice kind. "Whatever you think is good," he grinned. She simply nodded, not bothering to say anything else as she disappeared.

"Okay, now fill me in. When's the wedding?" Seraphina pounced, not wasting any time now.

"The wedding?" he spluttered, and Thalia choked on her coke float.