Lowkey

soulmates [] | artistic []

♪  𝓼𝓸  𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰  𝓪𝓼  𝔀𝓮  𝓴𝓮𝓮𝓹  𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼  𝓵𝓸𝔀 - 𝓴𝓮𝔂  ♪

'let's not think too much'

In a world of black, white, and endless shades of grey, the only way you can see color is when you meet your soulmate or when you do anything related to your soulmate.

So, how do you meet them?

Simple. You draw on yourself, and it appears on the arm of the other person, like texting but on your skin. Some people like keeping their conversations with their soulmates on their skin, while others prefer using phones. It's not against the rules to write out your number; that's how you speed up the process.

But just because you've met your soulmate doesn't mean that you'll fall in love with them. They could be your sister, the one person you look up to, an idol you admire from afar, or even your best friend.

When you're young, you tend to doodle on yourself just for fun, and as you grow older, you write on yourself to remember things.

Andrew Park wasn't young, and neither was his soulmate, but he couldn't help but admire the beautiful artwork that decorated his skin every single day.

Luna Solace was an artist, his soulmate and best friend, and they lived on opposite sides of the Sea of Japan. He lived at the heart of Korea, while she resided in the vibrant city of Tokyo. They were both students with dreams of attending Harvard one day.

Every morning, Andrew would wake up to a new piece of art on his body, typically on his shoulder blade, which was Luna's favored spot to draw on.

This morning, it was an eagle on his neck; yesterday, it had been a crown of thorns. He grabbed the pen he kept close and scrawled the words "good morning" onto his wrist, knowing that she checked her wrist all the time. She replied almost instantly with, "It's raining," accompanied by a quick frowny face.

He laughed and grabbed his phone, dialing her number.

"Just because it's raining doesn't mean it's not a good morning," he told her as he got out of bed, putting her on speakerphone. "I never said it wasn't," her voice was bright and awake, indicating that she had probably woken up early again. Her school had been assigning a lot of work lately.

"It was implied, or you wouldn't have drawn a frowny face," he teased. "Eeh," was all she said. He rummaged through his wardrobe and asked, "Facetime?" She agreed, switching to the camera function.