Youth

dreamy [] | mystical []

♪ 𝓶𝔂  𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓽𝓱  𝓲𝓼  𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼   ♪

'the stars exploding, we'll be fireproof'

He watched her carefully out of the corner of his eyes.

She didn't know he was there. In fact, if he hadn't doubled back to check that he hadn't been hallucinating, he would've missed her altogether.

They had known each other all their lives, growing up together in the same small town where everyone knew everyone. It was more of a surprise not to know someone.

But they had been neighbours, the same kids who often stole snacks and ran away to the hidden clearing in the forest, chatting and playing for hours before sneaking back into the house to grab bags they'd prepared previously. Then they would run down to the beach, leaving behind everything that grounded them to reality in favour of the beautiful ocean spread out before them.

Growing up in a small town next to the ocean, which was a hotspot for tourists, there were very few spots along the beach that weren't overrun with visitors and holidaymakers. But when they were seven, they'd stumbled upon this particular place.

It had water clearer than the purest cut diamond, a beach cleaner than any other, and the water was always the perfect temperature.

More often than not, they could be found there, if you could find them, that is.

They were masters of running away.

And it had always been to their advantage. Yet, when she turned nineteen, she'd run away, and even he couldn't find her.

That was five years ago.

Ellie Madrigal, the one person who'd seen him cry, the girl he'd grown up walking to school with, the same girl who'd run to him to gloat about getting first place at her swim meets when he hadn't been there, successfully guilt-tripping him into paying for her whole shopping spree.

Tristan Elsher was a well-known name in the world of fashion. After all, he'd strived to bring the name of his brand into the spotlight of the world.

Le Madrigal was his brainchild and an ode to the girl who let him love her through his youth. It had been an online store at first, shipping globally even when it had just been a small business.

It took off when his ideas and drawings had reached the hands of Vogue's top executives, and that was that.

Le Madrigal had been his biggest hope of finding Ellie, and after years of dead ends, he'd finally found her, although it had been on his own accord, and had nothing to do with the brand.