Chapter Ten

JESSICA’s POV

Louis fumbled with getting his key’s turned the right way around in the door’s lock. I would have been the same—it’s no easy job to unlock a door with your back turned up against it.

After a minute of cluttering, the front door to Louis’ flat abruptly unlocked and as clumsy as we were, we almost fell over the doorstep. Luckily we managed to keep our balance and hold ourselves from falling to the floor in the very last second.

We continued kissing.

It was only the second time I had been in Louis’ flat. The first time were just for a simple movie night with take-away food and popcorn—he had tried to cook something fancy, but as the incredibly bad cook he is, he burnt the food before we could even get to taste it. Some might say that it was a bad feature of his, but somehow I fancied it. It was cute, really. It was just another reason of spending more time with him that I now had to teach him how to cook.

The flat’s look was cozy, but in a masculine way. Candles was standing in the windowsills all around the big living room and its connected kitchen, and even though none of them were lit it still made the look of the room more nice. The furniture were in simple designs and light colors, making the room light up even though the darkness was consuming. Just when I thought of how dark it was inside the flat, Louis pressed a button and switched on the lights.

We continued were we left off.

I squealed when suddenly my legs weren’t standing on the ground. He had literally swept me off my feet and was now carrying me securely in his arms. I playfully hit his arm. “Stop doing that,” I giggled. He only laughed and carried me on through the room, whilst I snuggled into his warm chest.

When we got to his bedroom we collided with the bed, which made us fall down on it with a loud bump. I rolled out of Louis’ warm embrace, giggling like some crazy idiot over the fall. The alcohol in my blood must have started to get to me.

I placed a hand on his chest just above his heart; I could feel the steady rhythm of its beatings. He placed his lips on mine and flipped me around in the bed, so I lied beneath his muscular body. It felt like our lips was meant to be locked together, to always be touching in some way. As the kiss deepened, Louis pulled off his white tee and threw it on the floor. When I saw the nice abs he had been hiding from me all along for the first time, I couldn’t help but wanting to caress them … I pushed away the thought in resistance. I flashed a smile at him before I stripped off my black dress and threw it away on the floor. 

I suddenly found myself rethinking if this was something I really wanted to do. The last time had been with Fletcher … was I even ready to try again yet? For a moment I doubted myself. But soon enough I let the thoughts slip out of my head. Nothing was going to stop me from doing this now, and especially not my ex-boyfriend.

I could see Louis smirking tenderly at me, when he lowered his head to rest his forehead on mine. I heard his hoarse whisper in my ear: “Better get ready there, miss. I’m going to pleasure you.”

And so he did.

LOUIS’ POV

The first thing that came to mind when I woke was that I didn’t have the slightest idea of where I was. It was first when I saw the familiar dark brown dresser by my bedside that I realized I was at home. I figured that I had slept in; and I was right—the clock on my bedside table said 11 a.m. The sunlight’s bright rays were streaming through the wide window on my left hand and down on the bed’s white sheets.

Down on an angel.

Her brown hair looked perfect even though she had just slept ten hours straight. A couple of the wavy locks were covering her one eye, making it look like a bit like she had bangs. I rolled over in the bed and carefully brushed the few locks away from her face, not wanting to wake her up—she looked so peaceful when she was asleep. It was of no use, though: Two seconds later the hair fell back into its place. But it didn’t really matter to me; she was beautiful anyway. The duvet was only just covering the bottom of her spine, exposing her naked back. The sunlight shining down on her skin made it look like the smoothest silk.

I smiled a genuine happy smile. Seeing her lying there was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. It was like everything fell into place. The strong feelings I had had towards her lately suddenly became very realistic. And that much more real. My eyebrows furrowed into one worried line, when I realized.

I loved her.

And that was the problem. Because she would freak out if she knew what I was feeling towards her. She had told me that she would like to take things slow, and this was most defiantly not slow: We had only been dating for something near to one and a half month.

But I couldn’t deny it.

I had really fallen, hadn’t I?

“I love you,” I said in what was barely a whisper. I knew that this very moment might be the last one I would get to say it aloud for a while, so I chose not to spill it … And said those three special words aloud, like I was going to forget them if I didn’t.  

And you know what? It felt great.

A throbbing pain hit my scull when in sat myself up in bed. I put a hand to my forehead as if I could ease the pain, but touching it only made the headache worse. I clenched through my teeth, trying not to let out a moan. I almost forgot what all the drinking from party last night would resolve in.

Hangover. 

Climbing out of bed and clumsily jumping into a pair of boxers and a tee, I left for the kitchen to try to make an attempt of cooking breakfast.