Chapter Four

I walked through the doors of Sarah’s Coffee Location for what seemed like the 24th time within the last few days. I kept asking myself why it always was at this place I had to meet Jessica. How could I talk to her if she was busy working behind bars? Still this was the way I liked to meet her; I felt like I had the upper hand—she couldn’t make a customer leave the shop, could she? I smirked when the thought passed through my mind. She would have to talk to me.

A radio somewhere was playing the soft tunes of Ed Sheeran, when I confidentially walked up to the ordering session and ringed a customers-bell—even though I was sure I wasn’t going to order anything. Right where I had expected her to be, she was standing by the coffee machine and making coffee for a customer. From the curves of her back to the way her wavy, brown hair hang nicely over her shoulder, I knew it was her. Jessica delivered her customer’s coffee with a smile and then walked back to the ordering session in a few short steps. When she first saw me standing there her face expression was startled, but then she lit up in a smile.

“Thanks for last night,” I said and smiled back at her. “I really liked your …” I caught myself before I let the words slip out of mouth; they would only sound wrong. No matter how much I liked the way her dress had fit her body, the way she had laughed and the way she had smiled at me … I would have to keep the things to myself for now. So instead I told her what I really came for: “I need to tell you something, but not here.”

The smile on Jessica’s face stiffened and she let out a sigh. “I’m sorry, Louis. I can’t right now—I have my shift.”

I was just about to tell her I wouldn’t mind waiting for her next break to come, when a girl in the same working uniform as her came over and tapped Jessica lightly on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry,” she said to her, “I’ll take it this time.” She smiled shyly at me before she waved Jessica off towards the kitchen. I followed after her out behind the bars and met her with a smile on my lips.

“See!” I said and threw out my arms, “that wasn’t too hard. And now, you’re even off from work for a bit. You should be happy I’m here!”

She gave me a weird look. “Oh, believe me, I am so happy that you’re here,” she said sarcastically. After last night I knew her well enough to know that it was just a joke; so I only ended up laughing. I went over and took her hand in mine before I pointed at a small door in the wall.

We walked out of it and ended up in a wide alley on the side of the coffee shop. You could see the cars driving by on the street and hear the classic metropolitan noise of loud horns.

Jessica crossed her arms over her chest and looked expectantly up at me ... Gosh, those long, black eyelashes of hers was the most beautiful I had ever seen.

“So what was it you wanted to tell me?” she asked me quietly.

All the moments I’d had with her up until now flashed before my eyes, as I answered her: “Nothing else but this.” I took a step closer to her and cupped her head in my hands, before I finally crashed my lips onto hers.

When our lips met I immediately felt satisfied; this was something I had wanted to do for quite a time. Her lips were so soft and smooth that she made me swoon.

She most defiantly didn’t know of the powerful effect she had on me.

Jessica locked her arms around my waist and pulled me closer to her as she pressed her lips harder against mine. It sounded cheesy, but I could almost feel the colorful fireworks that exploded somewhere in between us.

I slowly separated our lips as I slid away from her. She still had her arms lying around my waist and I still held her head close to mine in my hands. She glanced at my lips and bit her own, when she looked up at me again.