Chapter Nine

LOUIS’ POV

Niall shoved another handful of spicy chips into his mouth as I took a look at my watch to keep a hold of the time. I was starting to think he had eaten two bags full of it, and we had only been at the party for about ten minutes. When first he knew food was around, you could simply not stop him from eating like crazy. I still didn’t get why he hadn’t become fat yet.

I heard Niall choking on the chips and I looked up to see Liam hitting him hard on the back, trying to help him breath again.

“Whoa, are you okay there, lad?” he worriedly said. “Maybe you should take it easy for a bit.”

“Never,” Niall protested. “Try to make me.”

No one seemed to pick up the challenge.

I wondered how we ended up at this party. Some random Facebook friend was celebrating her birthday, and of all people she had decided to invite the lads and me. I wasn’t even sure I had met her before tonight—actually, I hadn’t met her tonight either.

I casually tried to reach for a handful of the chips, but Niall slapped my hand away.

No.” The strength in his voice was almost a threat by itself. I shrugged my shoulders and chose to stay away from taking any more of his snacks within the next while.

The music in the living room changed to the Black Eyed Peas’ “I Got A Feeling” and the people dancing on the floor started to move faster to the rhythm. I watched as the door in the hall opened itself and a pure beauty stepped inside the room. She was wearing a simple, tight black dress and rocking a pair of elegant, black stilettoes. Her hair was hanging loosely down her back in the waves I had loved from first sight. I bit my lip when I admired her body, which I wasn’t afraid to say looked extremely hot tonight. Her body made me go crazy, but it was her face that took my breath away; I could easily recognize her perfect shaped nose and her sparkling grey eyes within the distance—and not to mention she was wearing that lovely smile of hers that always made my legs jelly.

------------------------------------------------------

Baby, come on over

I don’t care if people find out

They say that we’re no good together

And it’s never gonna work out

-----------------------------------------------------

Jessica pushed her way through the crowded dance floor until she got to a couple of pretty girls around her age. She pulled them in for a hug and they started to say something, which over the loud music was inaudible. The two girls had to be her friends, but I didn’t recognize any of them. At least not until Jessica pulled out a banner with the words “19 years and still going strong” and hung it around what seemed to be the birthday girl’s neck. I chuckled a bit at Jessica’s joke.

Right. They were defiantly friends.

Throughout the next five minutes I tried to keep an eye on her whilst talking with the lads. It was hard for me to do though, because I had never really been good at multitasking. All I knew was that I at some point had to get to her. We had to talk, tonight.

After what felt like hours, I saw Jessica’s friends finally leaving her alone. This was my shot. “I’ll be back,” I told the boys and slowly started to back away from them and out into the big room.

“Where are you going?” Liam curiously asked me.

“To get a refill!” I lied and raised my red cup.