Two

We all sat around a table with our parents behind us. We were about to sign our life away to a record label, and we knew, after this, there was no going back. I sat next to Gustav with the twins next to me and Georg to the right of them.

"Are you guys ready?" The man asked as he slid five pieces of paper in from of us. We all looked up at him nervously and glanced at each other. "Das ist es," Bill said to us with a small smile on his face and we all signed.

After we signed our parents took their turns. The man genuinely smiled as he collected the papers and handed them to his assistant. "Welcome to Universal Music Group's Interscope Records," He began. "Tokio Hotel."

Oh, yeah, we changed our name!

...

We did not waste any time as we started working towards our first album. Constant hours spent either in my basement, in the studio, or anywhere else Bill came up with lyrics. We were currently in the studio recording both the music and the vocals for a good bit of our songs.

Tom was currently recording on the guitar as the rest of us sat on the other side of the glass. I was so fascinated with guitarists and how difficult it looked to play. I often wonder if that's how people feel about pianists, but that was something that just came so naturally to me. One day I would really like to learn how to play guitar, maybe I could convince Tom to teach me when the hype of getting this album done dies down.

"He's doing so good," Bill cheered for his brother as he clapped quickly. Bill was far more ecstatic than I would have imagined he would have been. "He is." I agreed with a smile and Gustav started snickering. "What's funny, fotze?" I said as I flicked his ear and pushed his chair away from me.

"Fick dich!" He yelled and I rolled my eyes before crossing my legs to try and get more comfortable. After a couple of minutes, I realized what he was laughing at. "Ew, you fucking stink," I said as I covered my mouth and nose.

Gustav stood up and tried to fart on my lap. "Nein danke!" I yelled in a sarcastic tone as I pushed him off of me. I swear, having a little brother is the worst. "Pick a fucking language," Gustav yelled to antagonize me, but I rolled my eyes again and pressed the button so I could talk to Tom.

"You can come deal with Gus' stinky ass, it's my turn." Tom started laughing hysterically before taking the guitar off of his body and coming to the other side of the glass. I stood up and watched as Tom walked in.

"Ew!" Tom exclaimed as soon as he opened the door. "I told you!" I said as I approached him. As I did he locked eyes with me and it made me uneasy so I hurried past him. I put on the bulky headphones and waited for instructions. "Back up vocals for durch den monsun." I waited patiently for the part to come on that I had to sing back vocals for.

"Da draußen zieh'n die schwarzen Wolken auf."

"Ich muss durch den Monsun
Hinter die Welt
Ans Ende der Zeit
Bis kein Regen mehr fällt
Gegen den Sturm
Am Abgrund entlang
Und wenn ich nicht mehr kann, denk' ich daran:
Irgendwann laufen wir zusamm'n."

"Und hält er wirklich was er mir verspricht."

"Ich glaub' noch mehr dran glauben kann ich nicht."

"Ich muss durch den Monsun
Hinter die Welt
Ans Ende der Zeit
Bis kein Regen mehr fällt
Gegen den Sturm
Am Abgrund entlang
Und wenn ich nicht mehr kann, denk' ich daran:
Irgendwann laufen wir zusamm'n
Weil uns einfach nichts mehr halten kann
Durch den Monsun."

I took a breath while I heard Bill's voice quietly singing the bridge in the headphones.

"Ich muss durch den Monsun
Hinter die Welt
Ans Ende der Zeit
Bis kein Regen mehr fällt
Gegen den Sturm
Am Abgrund entlang
Und wenn ich nicht mehr kann, denk' ich daran:
Irgendwann laufen wir zusamm'n
Weil uns einfach nichts mehr halten kann."