Three

Today was Gustav and I's last day at public school because our growing fame made it very difficult for us to focus in classes. Our parents enrolled us in online courses that way we could work at our own pace and still graduate. Luckily, I only have a couple of years left and Gustav has three.

We were very popular here in Germany and Gustav and I couldn't even walk outside of the school doors without getting bombarded with paparazzi or fans. It was sort of heartbreaking having to say goodbye to the friends that I made here and I feared I would lose touch with them because of how busy I'll be moving forward.

I was currently cleaning out my locker and I heard small footsteps approaching me from behind. I turned my head to see who it was. "I'm really going to miss you, Char." My friend, Emma, said with her bottom lip pushed out. "Don't forget about me when you become super famous." Her frown turned into a soft smile and I leaned in to give her a hug.

"I won't forget you," I said softly and she smiled a bit wider. I didn't want to promise her anything. "My mom is waiting for me," She said and I saw a tear roll down her cheek. "Don't cry, Em," I said as I reached up to wipe her tear with my thumb. "I love you so much," I brought her into another hug but this one was much tighter and much longer than the first.

After a minute we pulled away and I waved as she slowly walked away from me. I formed a heart with my hands and pushed out my bottom lip before watching her walk out one of the doors. I turned back to my locker and finished putting my belongings into my bag. As I shut my locker I jumped when I saw someone behind the door.

"Shit, Felix," I brought my hand up to my chest and caught my breath. "Don't fucking do that to me." He softly smiled and didn't even reply before bringing me into a hug. I patted his back softly and he squeezed tightly before letting me go. I looked up at his glossy blue eyes and frowned.

Felix was a year older than me, so he was seventeen. Felix had jet-black, slightly curly hair that ended just below his ears. He had what I could best describe as 'dead eyes'. There didn't seem to be much emotion to them. He was quite pale and skinny all over.

Felix was one of my first friends when I started here, besides Georg, and over the years I have developed some sort of feelings for him. Recently, I could tell that the feeling was mutual for him, but he's never said anything to me directly. 

"I know you're going to forget about me," He said calmly. "Please don't lie to me and say you won't. I just want to ask you one thing," I nodded for him to go on. "I know it's too late now, and there will be no chance of anything ever happening, but I really like you. I don't even know why I'm telling you this now. I wish I had done it sooner, but I needed to get it out and tell you the truth. If you'd be interested, I would like to take you out on a date, and properly say goodbye."

I stood there silently with a smile on my face. I really didn't know what to say. He was right though, it is too late. We wouldn't be able to form any type of romantic connection and relationship being essentially in two different worlds. I figured, what's the harm in going out on one date?

"Wow, I definitely didn't know you liked me," I said in a shocked tone, even though I had a feeling he did. "I wish you would have told me sooner, too. I've liked you for a while now." I admitted and he raised his eyebrow. "Why didn't you say anything?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "Too scared, I guess." He smiled nervously before pushing off the locker he was leaning on. "Are you free tonight, then?" He asked and I thought for a second before nodding. "Yes, I am,"

"Great, I'll be there to pick you up at seven." He said with a smile as he dug in his pockets for what I'm assuming were his keys. "See ya," I said before he started walking away and I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned to see my little brother who was waiting patiently to walk to the parent pick-up like with me. I formed a straight line with my lips and he broke the silence.