C E R E A L

Chapter 26
Third person

Madison sits at the kitchen island eating cereal while looking out at the sunrise. She woke up early because she couldn't sleep.

She finishes her cereal leaving the milk in the bowl because she doesn't like it. She gets up and grabs the bowl. Then there's a loud knock on the front door causing her to drop the bowl glass and milk all over the floor.

"Shit!" Madison yells. There's another loud bang on the door. "Hold on!" She yells to the person on the other side of the door.

She walks to the door and opens it. "Hey." He says. "What are you doing here?" She asks mad that he's here. He should have stayed last night and talked to Mads.

"I want to talk to you now." Tom says. "Yeah well I tried to talk to you last night but you ran out the door like a little pussy." She says.

Mads walks into the kitchen again while Tom is right behind her. "I know ok? I'm sorry I just needed time to think about the whole thing." He explains.

"Time?" She pauses. "Are you fucking serious? I needed time too but do you think I get to have time now?" She yells at him. "No." He whispers the answer.

"You need to grow the hell up and start acting like a grown man because in 9 months your going to be a father!" She continues to yell at Tom.

"Mads I know-" He gets cut off by Mads. "No get the hell out of my house before I throw you out!" Mads yells.

Tom nods and then walks out of the house closing the door behind him.

Madison then grabs a stuff to clean up the glass and milk on the kitchen floor.

She cleans up her mess and then sits on the floor. Tears roll down her cheeks.

She looks around when she hears footsteps. She sees Nick standing over her. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"My life is ruined!" She says. "Why?" Nick asks and sits next to her. "I'm pregnant and I just kicked it's father out of my house." She manages to say.

"Your pregnant?" He asks. "Yeah." Is all she says. "When did you find out?" He looks at her. "Yesterday." She says.

They both then sit in silence not looking at each other. It's the comfortable silence not the awkward one.

Authors note. I didn't know what to write in this chapter. Sorry it's short!