Calloway gives in

Clay sat in his bedroom, staring out the window at the trees. He heard Ash outside, playing the guitar and singing one of his songs.

♪ I'm not afraid ♪

♪ Of anything in this world ♪

♪ There's nothing you can throw at me ♪

♪ That I haven't already heard ♪

♪ I'm just trying to find ♪

♪ A decent melody ♪

♪ A song that I can sing ♪

♪ In my own company ♪

♪ I never thought you were a fool ♪

♪ But, darling, look at you, ooh ♪

♪ You gotta stand up straight ♪

♪ And carry your own weight ♪

♪ These tears are going nowhere, babe ♪

♪ You've got to get yourself together ♪

♪ You've got stuck in a moment ♪

♪ Now you can't get out of it ♪

She sounded wonderful. Clay walked downstairs, pausing to look at pictures of his wife. Most of the photos held happy memories for him, but the last one showed Ruby sick in a wheelchair. He glanced over at a closet where the wheelchair still sat, folded up and tucked away.

Sitting on the front porch and singing, Ash heard the front door open. Without saying a word, Clay walked out and sat next to her.

She stopped playing for a moment, looking at Calloway. She realized it was okay to keep going, so she strummed her guitar and resumed singing the sad song.

♪ Oh, love, look at you now ♪

♪ You got yourself stuck in a moment ♪

♪ And you can't get out of it. ♪

Clay sat there listening, his eyes filling with tears.

In his magnificent office, Mr. Crystal was watching Linda Le Bon on TV, Mario and Luigi came in.

"The hottest story today," she was saying, "is that Porsha Crystal was reportedly fired from her father's show-"

SMASH! Mr. Crystal slammed his fist into the TV screen.

"Ah!" It scared Mario and Luigi

"He fired my daughter!" he roared.

"My daughter!" Porsha sat on a long couch, sobbing. Somehow this made Mr. Crystal even madder.

He wheeled on her. "Would you be quiet? You've embarrassed me enough!"

"But, Daddy!" Porsha howled.

"Now the whole world thinks I've got a talentless loser for a daughter!" Mr. Crystal raged.

"Kinda harsh don't you think" Mario whispered to Luigi

He turned to his two big henchmen. "Take her home." They led Porsha out of the office, still crying.

Mr. Crystal turned to Suki and Jerry.
"Bring me Moon," he snarled.

Then he quickly changed his attitude when he saw Mario and Luigi.

"Ah! Mauricio Louie" he smiled and fixed his fur, "glad you two are here, Porsha told me what a great job you did with the pipes, great job you guys" he gives them a thumbs up.

"Oh" Luigi chuckles nervously.

"Is that it?" Mario asked.

"No" both brothers gulped.